DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   Somebody have a Sopranos Review? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/73729-somebody-have-sopranos-review.html)

huzefa 12-09-00 04:29 PM

I have this on preorder with amazon, and want to know if it's really as good as I think it is. The few bits of information I've found so far prove me right, but I want an actual review, if anybody has one.

Supermallet 12-10-00 01:37 PM

www.dvdreview.com has one.
http://www.dvdreview.com/fullreviews...t_season.shtml

That's the exact link to the review. It looks great.

------------------
"Sometimes I dream I'm in a musical...because in a musical nothing dreadful ever happens."

ahmann2000 12-10-00 03:18 PM

I am ending #4, and does Meadow look hot or what! http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/smile.gif

Great series, transfer looks good i think, and great packaging.

huzefa 12-11-00 09:45 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ahmann2000:
I am ending #4, and does Meadow look hot or what! http://talk.dvdtalk.com/ubb/smile.gif

Great series, transfer looks good i think, and great packaging.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow someone else who thinks that Meadow is good looking too. But is it just me or did she maybe put on a few pounds in the 2nd season. I can't wait for my set to arrive, hurry up, Amazon!!

Red Dog 12-11-00 11:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by huzefa:

Wow someone else who thinks that Meadow is good looking too. But is it just me or did she maybe put on a few pounds in the 2nd season.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A few???

Dave99 12-11-00 01:15 PM

A few kilos maybe, I would say she put on at least 20 lbs, maybe more...

Dave

bluedevil 12-11-00 02:00 PM

I would say she put on about 15, all in the rear.

huzefa 12-11-00 05:09 PM

What the hell was she doing in the off-season? She does know she's not a real Mafia princess, doesn't she?

grunter 12-11-00 08:25 PM

This set totally rocks!! And it's finally in WIDESCREEN. Anyone who complains that the set isn't completely chockfull of extras is a complete moron, who cares more about E! Entertainment puff piece extras than honest-to-God KILLER content.

This is THE DVD to own at the moment. Screw "T2." Screw "Fight Club." Just run out right this second and plop down your $$$ for this incredible collection from HBO.

Tell 'em "T" sent ya.

huzefa 12-11-00 09:16 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grunter:
This set totally rocks!! And it's finally in WIDESCREEN. Anyone who complains that the set isn't completely chockfull of extras is a complete moron, who cares more about E! Entertainment puff piece extras than honest-to-God KILLER content.

This is THE DVD to own at the moment. Screw "T2." Screw "Fight Club." Just run out right this second and plop down your $$$ for this incredible collection from HBO.

Tell 'em "T" sent ya.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear you, I've put all my other DVDs on the backburner, just waiting for Amazon to ship it out already. I just might go and rent it but somehow I feel like that would defeat the purpose. Maybe I just like opening shrinkwrap...... btw, what does the packaging look like? Is it hardcore?

Sparrow 12-11-00 09:24 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by huzefa:
I hear you, I've put all my other DVDs on the backburner, just waiting for Amazon to ship it out already. I just might go and rent it but somehow I feel like that would defeat the purpose. Maybe I just like opening shrinkwrap...... btw, what does the packaging look like? Is it hardcore?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The packaging is awesome! It's very similar to the packaging for the new foldout cases like Fight Club, but much sturdier...it will take quite a bit of handling.

I don't think that I can do the packaging justice, but I was very pleased. You'll have to see it and judge for yourself.

Rand 12-12-00 12:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sparrow:
The packaging is awesome! It's very similar to the packaging for the new foldout cases like Fight Club, but much sturdier...it will take quite a bit of handling.

I don't think that I can do the packaging justice, but I was very pleased. You'll have to see it and judge for yourself.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
My only complaint about the packaging (and it's a minor one) is that it can be a bit of
a pain to get the discs out of the box by pulling on that ribbon.

This is one terrific set. I bought it sight
unseen, I don't get HBO. The series lives up
to it's hype.

Anthony Soprano 12-21-00 12:28 AM

I'd tell ya about it, but I'd have to have you whacked! hehehehehehe

------------------
'face down, dead on the ground, find me before another is found'....Cannibal Corpse

Patman 12-21-00 12:13 PM

Well, I rented the 1st disc, and I'm going back for the 2nd disc today (have to use up my free BB DVD rental coupons).

------------------
PatCave ;HT Pix ;Pat's DVDs

Frank Black 12-22-00 01:47 AM

This is a great set.

Patman 12-22-00 08:53 AM

My only other complaint is that when I listened to the director's commentary for the 1st episode/pilot, the director gives away some plot points that I would have rather discovered on my own by watching the later shows. So if you have never watched the show, and are going to watch the Soprano DVDs, don't listen to the commentary until you're done with Season One.

------------------
PatCave ;HT Pix ;Pat's DVDs

Crazy Aoshi 12-24-00 04:00 AM

It's at our costco for $69.99 I think. But as with other series, if it's still going on (on HBO) then I have no intention of buying it. If I can start a series from the beginning, I don't watch it. I guess that's kinda silly, but once all of this series makes it to dvd and I've seen and liked the first ones, then maybe I'll get it. But right now, that monty python set is looking a lot better. Just my opinion.

matchpenalty 12-26-00 01:00 PM

This set is awesome!

The only thing that could have been done a bit better is the packaging. It's a bit cumbersome.