DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

The Cars:Live (not very good)

Old 10-31-00, 05:42 PM

I found the video quality of this DVD not to be very good.The audio was downright awful.I also felt that more time should have been dedicated to actual concert footage,instead of the long and drawn interviews.There is a ten song sampler on the disc,which is a joke.Each song is only about 30 seconds in length.The only thing good about this DVD in my opinion is the song selection.Hard to believe that the band would allow something as mediocre as this to be released.I waited a long time for this DVD.Hope something much better will be released by the band in the future.Any other opinions out there on 'The Cars:Live'?
Old 10-31-00, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Thanks for the review. I'm a big Cars fan, and I was hoping for more from Rhino... Now I know not to bother with this disc.

------------------
My DVD list | My homepage
You know, your life really isn't complete until you've experienced the awe and wonder of Big Wolf On Campus.
Old 10-31-00, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Omigod, I saw The Cars in concert, and they abolutely sucked! It definitely was the worst concert I've ever attended.

------------------
PatCave ;HT Pix ;Pat's DVDs
Old 11-01-00, 09:03 AM
Cool New Member

Patman wrote: Omigod, I saw The Cars in concert, and they abolutely sucked! It definitely was the worst concert I've ever attended

Don't know what happened to the Cars. They weren't always a bad band. Their first two albums and their accompanying tours were actually very good. They played a really tight set and sounded great live. After that? Anyone's guess.

Old 11-01-00, 07:01 PM

Useless 1,the concert footage was filmed in 1979 while the band was on tour in Germany.Most,if not all of the songs were taken from their first two albums.Only the interviews were filmed recently.I think we can blame Rhino for this terrible effort,not the band.With any luck,something better will be released in the future.