DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted, Outlaw Star

Old 10-11-00, 08:40 PM

just wondering if this series is any good or not. thanks!

Old 10-12-00, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I just got mine last week and watched it over the weekend. I have one thing to say: Wow!!!

This series is great. Smooth continuous plot, interesting characters with a very good variety of heroes and villains. The type of space combat is (IMO) pretty original and entertaining -- kinda surprising too. The audio and video on this is great. They even include a creditless intro.

I highly recommend it overall. most likely they'll also post a review for it soon at animeondvd.com

Tuan Jim

PS. if i'm being to vague on something, just say so.

------------------
"Think of the Internet as a pub at chucking out time. Act like a prick and you'll get a glass in your face. Act nice... and you'll probably still get a glass in your face. It's just a question of how big the glass is and how hard someone hits you with it." - Andy
(www.**************.com)
Old 10-12-00, 04:33 AM
Vaz

Which kind of DVD packaging does it come in? It's a 2 disc right?

BTW, I am getting it, other titles holding it up
Old 10-12-00, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
It's two disc -- but the case is standard thickness. Has some sort of flipping insert holder (plastic) to hold the second disc. Kinda like the T2 one I think ('cept I got the 1 disc version of that).

It's really nice -- great packaging, etc. I enjoyed this a ton. Wish more companies put 9 episodes per volume. 3-4 just isn't enough for a month or 2.

Tuan Jim

------------------
"Think of the Internet as a pub at chucking out time. Act like a prick and you'll get a glass in your face. Act nice... and you'll probably still get a glass in your face. It's just a question of how big the glass is and how hard someone hits you with it." - Andy
(www.**************.com)