Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews: Dusk Till Dawn:SE, Rules Of Engagement, More

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews: Dusk Till Dawn:SE, Rules Of Engagement, More

Old 09-30-00, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been watching quite a lot of discs during the past few days - a wide variety of discs - almost all of which have pleasantly had some positive aspects.

1. From Dusk Till Dawn:CE. As many know, the disc contains the same non-anamorphic transfer. It's not a terrible looking presentation, but when you put all of these extras together into a big SE, why not put that same level of effort into the presentation of the movie?

The extras (although they can be found on the SE laser) are very good, including a commentary from Rodriquez and Tarantino that is entertaining, but has Tarantino doing the majority of the talking. What's new is the "Full Tilt Boogie" documentary that takes a look not at the creative or technical aspects of filmmaking, but simply what it's like to be on a film set.

Full DVD Review: Dusk Till Dawn - CE

2. Rules Of Engagement: I didn't see this film in theaters, but found the DVD to be a good introduction to the movie. Paramount's picture quality is good, with only a few very minor flaws. Sound quality is especially good, especially in some of the early battles. Extras include a commentary from director William Friedkin, 23 minute documentary and 12 minutes of interviews.
Full DVD Review: Rules Of Engagement

3. Snow Day: Yes, it looked kinda bad from the ads, but I was suprised that I actually laughed through some of "Snow Day" and found myself enjoying the film, although I'm sure the target audience will be more entertained by it than I was. Paramount's DVD includes great picture quality and respectable audio quality. Extras include a funny commentary track and some additional promotional materials.

Full DVD Review: Snow Day

4. Screwed: I'll be the first to say that I think Norm MacDonald is hilarious, but this film is a particularly lame comedy with very few laughs. Universal's DVD has great picture quality and fine audio quality, but not much more than that.

Full DVD Review: Screwed