Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Army of Darkness *Limited Edition*

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Army of Darkness *Limited Edition*

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-00, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have this yet? It *just* came out (July 25). It's not the same as the Director's Cut that was released a while back and was crappy (a post from the Director's Cut post on this forum refered to a review of that version), it's a 40,000 unit limited edition. It has even more footage, and looks to be remastered in Dolby 5.1 - anyone get their hands on it yet? I've got it on order from Amazon.

-Jeff
Old 07-28-00, 02:02 PM

Hello,

Actually, this new release is the second disk from the earlier Limited edition 2 disk set. Anchor Bay released the 2-disk, 30,000 copy, version and the first Director's cut version at the same time last year. This disk is the second, unreleased, disk with the spliced-in portions. I don't think AB changed the content at all. It is the version that is being discussed elsewhere - the newly added portions are not in good shape, and show it. Still, for AoD completists who missed the Limited edition 2-disk set, this disk should be well worth the price of admission.

Hope this clears things up. If I'm wrong, someone please correct....
Old 08-19-00, 10:39 PM

I agree with David in the fact that it is worth it. The extra footage may be in bad shape BUT IT IS THERE! I'm going to try and get my hands on one of the two disc copies so I will feel complete. Either that or I'll have to buy the regular version so I can have the cleaner look and DD 5.1 sound!
Old 08-20-00, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the original 2 disc set Limited Edition. Is Goabert talking about the Director's Cut Limited Edition?

I assume he is

You can get your hands on the original LE @ auctions.yahoo.com for around $50 bucks.

[This message has been edited by terminator911 (edited August 20, 2000).]
Old 08-20-00, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suggest getting it if you didnt get the 2-disc set.