Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review: "Dreamlife of Angels"

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review: "Dreamlife of Angels"

Old 08-26-99, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Dreamlife of Angels," a French film that was probably the most critically successful international movie of 1998-1999, is about two young women and their tumultuous friendship. Isa is a wanderer who is content to travel from odd job to odd job, Marie is a factory worker with a bad temper who falls in love with a successful young man. Isa in turn thinks he is completely wrong for Marie. Those of you who have read little about the film may be quite surprised by the ending. Rich character development and stunning performances by Elodie Bouchez and Natacha Regnier made this a winner in my book.

Released on DVD as a Sony Pictures Classic, "The Dreamlife of Angels" is a sparse disc. A production booklet is included, that is the extent of the extras. The 2-channel soundtrack works fine, as this is a dialogue-based film. The image quality is excellent, and the subtitles (which are available in English, Spanish, and French) are yellow and easy to read.

--Heather

[This message has been edited by DVDer (edited 08-26-1999).]
Old 08-26-99, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DVDer:

I'm so happy that you enjoyed this film! I have not viewed the DVD, but I thought it was one of the best films I saw this year. I hope everyone here at least rents this movie.

------------------
"If it were all in the script, why make the film?"--Nicholas Ray
Old 07-04-00, 09:35 PM

any other review opinion about this DVD?? Thanks!
Old 07-05-00, 02:22 AM

Moi aussi! J'aime beaucoup le film! C'est tres magnifique! Et je dois parler aussi qui...

...Elodie Bouchez and Natacha Regnier are hot! And I really loved the Isa character. She was so charismatic! ( and such good tastes in clothes!)

This is a disc I want to purchase, but don't know when I'll get enough cash for it. I'm also disapointed that the disc is so bare-bones.

Oh well...

------------------
Charles Mingus is alive
and
Alice Coltrane is your mother.