Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Long Kiss Goodnight....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-00, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
you guessed it...i got the Extreme Boxset cheap from Amazon & was checking the flicks in it. only really bought it for Dumb & Dumber.

anyway, i always watch movies before i trade them & the wife & i watched The Long Kiss Goodnight tonight.

boy was i surprised. i had never even really heard this movie but we both really enjoyed it. lot of action & tons of tongue-in-cheek humor. Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious.

sure Geena Davis was really stretching for her part but really, this is one of those movies that to enjoy it, you throw believability out the window & just sit back.

was this a bomb at the box office? i would figure so since i have never really heard of it. so if you like action, i would definitely check it out before you trade it.

transfer is great & the 5.1 surround rocks! i would love to see some other opinions on this film...good or bad.
Old 05-25-00, 02:54 AM
ripthorne

Yes this movie made almost no money at the box office, but it made a lot in rentals.

Very underated movie, (what the heck am I talking about, this is an action movie). Well, this movie was the FIRST dvd I purchased EVER.

------------------
-- I HATE dead people.
-- There's a reason why writers don't live very long. Yeah, people like you, 'cause you're the devil. Why don't you finally admit it? Say it! "I'm the devil!" Say it!
My Cheesy DVD List..., my webpage isn't done yet
Old 05-25-00, 03:01 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The movie is ok. I would not say it made almost no money, it did make almost 80 million I think World Wide..not a lot, but not as big a bomb other movies have been.
Old 05-25-00, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually got the extreme set for this and d&d. Sold off the other 2 and own these for "less than free".

Old 05-26-00, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Considering its 70 milllion dollar price tag...the 35 million domestic and a little more overseas wasn't too impressive. But I agree...extremely entertaining movie. Not perfect, but definately a fave of mine.
Old 05-26-00, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 578 Likes on 417 Posts
I thought it was excellent for the 1st 2/3rds, and pretty weak after that. Overall, a good movie to watch...
Old 05-28-00, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That movie is definitely the best film that Ordell Roby and the babysitter from Family Ties have ever made together.
Old 05-30-00, 05:49 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked Samuel L. Jackson. He was quite funny.
"My keys in the left pocket, my gun in the right."
"I'm frank and earnest with women: Frank in New York and Earnest in Chicago.: