DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   Reviews wanted: LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/71213-reviews-wanted-leprechaun-hood.html)

THX 1138 03-29-00 07:35 AM

No joke! Thanks in advance.

------------------
"THIS IS WHO WE ARE"

Adam Tyner 03-29-00 08:16 AM

LOL, I was thinking about posting this exact same message last night. The Leprechaun films have gotten more surreal and more entertaining over time, and I can't wait for part five to hit my mailbox. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered it through Amazon, who still hasn't shipped it, one day after street. And Reel still hasn't shipped my copy of Cannibal.

------------------
My DVD list | My homepage

Peep 03-30-00 02:50 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mcifani:
no idea, but i preordered this title myself.. I truly love this whole series, and unlike many other series.. these movies do seem to get better over time, unlike other movies where usally the only good one is the first one..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree. I've seen the first 3, and they keep getting better and better!

Adam Tyner 03-30-00 03:13 PM

Peep: You have to see part IV. Go out and rent it right now. It eclipses all of the previous Leprechaun films. This is the only rental-priced video I've considered buying (well, that wasn't on LD or DVD, of course).

------------------

smokedragon 03-31-00 02:02 AM

Uh, you are joking...,
...,aren't you?

Adam Tyner 03-31-00 09:07 AM

Joking about Leprechaun IV? Absolutely not. I have never, in 21 years, been more entertained by a movie. It seems the producers finally realized how asenine the Leprechaun movies were and set out to make it as bizarre as humanly possible....and they succeeded. Leprechaun IV is probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

------------------

klink 03-31-00 07:34 PM

There's a good review over at StompTokyo. Here's the link:
http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/l/leprechaun-5.html

I love their reviews of B-flicks. Their screen-cap captions kill me.

------------------
Hoooogan!

Jamezuva 03-31-00 10:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ctyner:
It seems the producers finally realized how asenine the Leprechaun movies were<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man..that's pretty bad if they didn't realize this from the get go. I'm not even going to dignify this movie with a viewing as I respect real horror and not cheesy psuedo-straight-to-video movies

------------------
The bane of my existence monetary wise

Adam Tyner 03-31-00 11:57 PM

Well....I didn't really word it all that well. Leps 1 & 2 were sort of schlock-horror with some goofy parts, but both still had enough gore to keep people happy. 3 started to move farther over to the completely-goofy side, and part 4...well, it's just the most off-the-wall movie I've ever seen. It doesn't take itself seriously at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jamezuva:
Man..that's pretty bad if they didn't realize this from the get go. I'm not even going to dignify this movie with a viewing as I respect real horror and not cheesy psuedo-straight-to-video movies
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

ClayDVD 04-01-00 02:09 PM

From ew.com (Entertainment Weekly)
LEPRECHAUN IN THE HOOD Ice-T, Warwick Davis (1999, Trimark, 90 mins., R, also on DVD) Back from the cosmos (surely you remember Leprechaun 4: In Space), everyone's favorite demonic elf finds himself in South Central L.A., resurrected by three aspiring hip-hoppers who then swipe some of his lucky (read: gold) charms so as to finance a trip to Las Vegas. Once revived, the Gaelic gargoyle becomes a blunt-smoking, boot-knocking playa with a couple of grudges to settle. Ice-T costars as Mack Daddy Onassis ("own asses," get it?), who's also got a beef with the rapping wannabes. Bloody, broad, and comically brutal, it's blaxploitation at its best. B+ --Mike Flaherty