DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

review wanted of Haloween II & III

Old 03-23-00, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

saw these as a double pack in my local sam's for around $15 or less. i have seen noth movies, although it has been awhile for both but was curious if any of you have these or have seen these transfers. they were both widescreen i noticed but put out by Goodtimes which puts out a lot of cheap dvds & videos. anyones thoughts on the picture, sound, etc? i saw that they were lean on extras as well.
Old 03-24-00, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Both of these discs are actually pretty good and most certianly worth that price.
HALLOWEEN II is a the better of the two, in terms of audio and video quality, No it is not anamorphic but it has a sharp clean and colorful transfer, with no traces of artificial edge enhancement, or any shimmering. plus black levels are excellent. This is definately the best that Dean Cundey's excellent atmospheric Panovision photograpy has ever been presented. the audio is also well mastered DD 2 channel Dolby Surround, that does not have that harsh compressed sound that many older films have when mastered onto a compressed format.

HALLOWEEN III: Is almost as good of a transfer, But it suffers from a slightly soft image at times, but all in all it still looks very good. If I recall it is a mono soundtract, but agian it sounded very good.

In terms of movie quality I liked both of these films(the first is still the best) but I am one of the few people who actually feels that HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH is easily a better film than any of the sequels that had Michael Myers in them (Don't even get me started on that Damn Halloween H2O thing, Good lord that movie sucked!!!!!!) I just loved the way that the whole film had this great E.C. Horror comics feel to it.
My feeling is that once you have Halloween 1,2, and 3, You have all the Halloweens that you need.

These two discs are probably the best work that GOODTIMES have ever put out. At $15 for both of them, I would say that you scoop them up ASAP

------------------
>>BUGG<<

Bugg's DVD List