Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Jake West's RAZOR BLADE SMILE (Highly Recommended)

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Jake West's RAZOR BLADE SMILE (Highly Recommended)

Old 03-16-00, 04:41 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attention Drive-In Mutants ...

I just posted my thoughts on Razor Blade Smile have a look in DVD Talk's reviews section ... check it out.

------------------
MY DVD LIBRARY: A study in addiction
MY DVD TALK REVIEWS: Blood, Breasts and Beasts

[This message has been edited by noelgross (edited March 16, 2000).]
Old 03-22-00, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

noelgross couldn’t let one of your posts go without a reply! Not really much I can add to this one as I haven’t seen it (can’t think how I managed to let a piece of exploitation like RBS slip by me) probably due to the largely negative reviews I read. I was hoping to post a picture of the original UK art for this flick which is way better than the pic they ended up using on the DVD but I just can’t find it anywhere.

Hey, thanks for the mention in your review (that was me wasn’t it?!) I”ll try and check this movie out as you’ve been (mostly) on the money so far!

Not that it’s a fantastic transfer or even a feature packed disc but you should check out the recently released Trancers, it’s a cool flick.

««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»
More human, than Human
Old 03-22-00, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was surprised at how much I liked this movie.

I expected it to be a dumb b-movie, but it actually seemed more like a cool indie. I feared that it would have that 'direct to video' look, but it actually had a whole lot of style.

Let's just say that I was glad to hit a keeper after that turd "Modern Vampires" and the very disappointing "Vampyros Lesbos".
Old 03-23-00, 03:16 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Jonathan ... I'd be really surprised if you don't enjoy Razor. It's low budget, it isn't polished and, yeah, the acting is laughable ... but I think it works. Let me know if you check it out, I'd be really interested in your opinion. And, yes, of course, I was referring to you ... I can't ignore the only person out there that regularly reads my nonsense. Heh. And I'll take your advice on Trancers. But I'm a bit overrun at the moment. Kleinman has a new batch of discs headed my way ... Autopsy, Torso, The Killing Hour and, get this, Shakes the Clown. Plus, I wanna watch my Limey disc.

Peep ... that's the exact feeling I got from it. Welcome to the club. A sick little club.

------------------
MY DVD LIBRARY: A study in addiction
MY DVD TALK REVIEWS: Blood, Breasts and Beasts

[This message has been edited by noelgross (edited March 23, 2000).]