Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Blue Streak

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: Blue Streak

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-00, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Martin Lawrence looks good in previews, but I've been burned before.

Can anyone comment on how good, or bad, this movie is?
Old 01-30-00, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
If you were looking to go and see a movie similar to Bad Boys, you're not going to get it. I expected to see an awesome, entergetic, action flik, and all I got was a comedy. Can't really say much more than that. It's okay, but, you might want to rent it first.

------------------
This Weeks Quote:

Tony: I'm like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to sh*t.

The Horror, The Horror
Old 01-30-00, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd say only worth a rental. A few laughs, but not too many.
Old 01-30-00, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Is Martin Lawrence in this one? Then it #^%$#&# rocks! <small>

[This message has been edited by sonic (edited January 30, 2000).]
Old 02-03-00, 02:40 PM

Ok... I have already pre-ordered my copy and I saw this in the theatre so I knew what to expect. If you appreciate the comedy of Martin Lawrence, this is a must see. There
are scenes in this movie where I laugh so hard it hurts. Comedy and soundtrack are great but don't buy it for the action..

The movie is eerily similar to the Beverly Hills Cop series with Eddie Murphy with different premises for each film.

SO if your a Martin fan...preorder...if still unsure...rent
Old 02-03-00, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmmm...I pre-ordered it sight unseen now some of these comments are making my uneasy. Oh well, for ten bucks I'm not going to complain, I could always unload it in the Exchange forum.

The preview looked great, and was my main reason for ordering it.

-Kevin
Old 02-06-00, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I watched the movie last night, and it was pretty funny, but I can't see myself watching it again for a few years...there just wasn't alot to it. However, the dvd does have quite a few extras...if thats what you're after....

Old 02-09-00, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watched this tonight and thought it was a great movie. Once again, Martin is hilarious . . . doing his impersonations and giving us some great one-liners.

I thought the action and comedy was blended in very well. This movie had me entertained thoroughout . . . MARTIN!!!

In addition, Columbia/Tri-Star once again delivers a solid DVD. This is a Special Edition DVD with great picture, sound, and extras.
Old 02-09-00, 05:20 PM
Banned

....guess I'll pre-order "House on the Haunted Hill".

How was Blue Streak in comaprison with "Nothin To Lose"? I thought Nothin To Lose was hilarious....it should be arriving today or tomm, come to think of it.

Jonathan

------------------
want to get your average down to $7.36? Then click here and see how it can be done!
Old 02-09-00, 05:39 PM

Nothing To Lose was much, much better than Blue Streak.
Old 02-10-00, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's an idea:

If you haven't seen the movie and are not sure if it'll be good or not, why don't you R-E-N-T it. I get sick and tired of people asking others if a movie is good or not. If you pre-order, I know you'll save a whopping $3 bucks, but I'd rather spend 3 or 4 on renting it to make sure I "really" wanted the movie.

------------------
Visit my geocities awarded site, REVIEW WORLD

"A boy's best friend is his mother."
Old 02-10-00, 12:52 AM

This is the problem one might have with renting: dvd costs $3 more when it isn't a preorder anymore. Also costs $4 to rent movie. So add $7 to cost--almost doubles price.

Despite this, I almost never buy a movie sight unseen.
Old 02-11-00, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Mr. Cinema:
Here's an idea:

If you haven't seen the movie and are not sure if it'll be good or not, why don't you R-E-N-T it. I get sick and tired of people asking others if a movie is good or not. If you pre-order, I know you'll save a whopping $3 bucks, but I'd rather spend 3 or 4 on renting it to make sure I "really" wanted the movie.

<HR>

What the hell you even doing in the Reviews forum?????? Catch a clue and don't waste cyber space with your idiotic posts...
Old 02-12-00, 01:05 AM

Question: Why do we have a reviews forum if you shouldn't tell someone whether a movie is good or not?
Old 02-13-00, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I tried watching this one a few nights ago and I thought that the film sucked. It was just too stupid for my tastes, I shut it off after about an hour. It was just the way the Martin Lawrnce acted in this film that got on my nerves so much, Like the scene where he gets into the car and drives like a complete asshole, even though he should be trying to not stick out. I understand it's only supossed to be a comedy but I just don't find blatant stupidity to be very funny

The dvd however looked fantastic and had a really nice natural sounding 5.1 mix that does not sound compressed. Plus the disc has a running commentary along with a few other extras.

If you like the movie than the dvd is worth it
Old 02-14-00, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought the movie was decent, worth a rental, but I wouldn't buy it. It had some funny moments, but I actually witnessed a few jokes that failed (at least, I didn't laugh). I would recommend renting this first (if you havent seen it) or buying it if you can get it really cheap.

Old 02-16-00, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks everyone , looks like I'll be going for the rental...
Old 02-17-00, 05:22 AM

i'm gonna have to agree with u beno

------------------
Look what I have gotten myself into!
The Damage
Old 02-17-00, 03:22 PM
Cool New Member

I liked it well enough at the movie theater, but wouldn't buy it. I would suggest you rent it first.
Old 02-18-00, 10:32 AM
reliquary

quote:<HR>Originally posted by needlz:
I watched this tonight and thought it was a great movie. Once again, Martin is hilarious . . . doing his impersonations and giving us some great one-liners.

I thought the action and comedy was blended in very well. This movie had me entertained thoroughout . . . MARTIN!!!

In addition, Columbia/Tri-Star once again delivers a solid DVD. This is a Special Edition DVD with great picture, sound, and extras.
<HR>

I completely agree. I bought this movie sight unseen and was very pleased with it. If you like Nothing To Lose you'll like this one period.
Old 02-19-00, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

reliquary . . . thanks for having my back, pal!!!

I agree . . . if you enjoyed "Nothing to Lose", you're gonna love "Blue Streak". Martin is DA BOMB!!!
Old 02-19-00, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
Needlz

You are right about what you said! I put the disc on my player..my jaw dropped on how gorgeous the disc was created and the lots of extras!!! The image is too too superb! The audio is great! Movie is awesome..I love Martin Lawrence. He is one of my favorite comedians..I love his style. I want him to be in more movies in the future and now.

<small>Martin Lawrence: Everybody outta my way. I got to deliver the pizza, the police needs to eat their pizzas. It's a hot pizza for the cops. WOOO! Smack it down..1 time! Give me a twist yeah!!! one, two, three times WHAM, WHAM, WHAM......walk.</small>

P.S: Hilarious!!!!!
Old 02-19-00, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sonic . . .

Everything movie Martin Lawrence makes is hella funny!!!

I hope he has some more movies coming out in the near future.