Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Why do you think Resev. Dogs is a great movie?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Why do you think Resev. Dogs is a great movie?

Old 02-02-00, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't like RD neither, but I liked Pulp Fiction and "Lock, stock, and two smoking barrels." Does this mean I'm a "nice" people too?

Anyway, I totally agree with blade, I just didn't get it neither. I hope when I'm older and less "nicer" I would learn to enjoy this movie, but so far, I just don't think it's a good movie (plus, Mr. Orange's blood was so fake!!) anyway..

I didn't enjoy Blair witch neither. To me, movie is a movie, it's going through production and film makers are just trying their very best to manipulate your emotion.
Movie is all about fantasy, not real world.

But I truly love/enjoy Nuovo Cinema Paradiso for some reason. Man, this is a great movie!
Old 02-07-00, 11:36 AM
Ash

Aside of all of the other cool things in this movie, Steve Buscemi is reason enough. Although typecast, Steve plays a great role, being the most hateable, disgusting, slimy-looking character you could imagine being human... and he's funny doing it. Take for example his bit part in Desperado, a so-so flick, but Buscemi played yet another good part. Same thing in Armageddon. That guy is just funny.... and slimy.

------------------
"The name's Ash, Housewares"
My Dvds at 67% off Retail
Old 02-11-00, 06:19 AM

Blade-
I suppose you didn't like "True Romance" either. Written by Quentin Tarantino, I found the dialog to be top notch. The violence (a trademark of QT's films) doesn't put me off when the dialog is good. "Natural Born Killers", written by QT, would have been immeasurably improved had Tarantino directed, instead of Oliver Stone. MHO
Old 02-12-00, 05:18 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Laredog,

I've only seen bits and pieces of True Romance, but I liked what little I did see.

Someday, I plan to see this movie too.

------------------
-David
Other forum
Old 02-13-00, 06:50 PM

Buscemi is a funny, slimy dude. And when talking about Frat boys, you can't forget sorority chicks--they make too good of a fuck to leave them out!
Old 02-13-00, 10:36 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Well, Keith, if nothing I said in my previous posts was sufficient to convince Blade of this film's worth, I'm sure your eloquently worded post did the trick...
Old 02-14-00, 05:34 AM
Uber Member

LOL

That's what the movie was missing! Sorority chicks!

------------------
-David
Other forum