Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Reservoir Dogs

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Reservoir Dogs

Old 11-14-99, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't seen this movie. Is this worth buying as part of the DVD collection? How about the video/sound quality of this DVD title? Thanks!

best,
Old 11-15-99, 12:55 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The picture is more than adequate, definitely a step up from the laserdisc, but isn't anamorphic (it also contains the pan-and-scan version, but who gives a crap?). The sound is a crisp Dolby Digital 5.1. It contains the theatrical trailer as an extra. All in all, the best presentation of this film on home video to date.
Old 11-15-99, 01:46 AM

Hotister,
I actually purchased the dvd but have not watched it. I have seen it in the theater when it first came out and I had purchased it on vhs(which is now in the gargage to make way for the DVD). I think it is a very good movie. Its one I can watch over and over again and have.
Old 11-17-99, 12:05 AM

This is one KICK aSS movie, a tad violent(that is an understatement) but nothing compared to movies like saving private ryan or fight club in that department.

First dvd i bought and still to this day the one i have watched the most.

I usually dont care about extras but this is definitely one disc i would like to have seen with more than just a trailer.

"Somebody's stickin' a red-hot poker up our asses, i wanna know whos name is on the handle" - Mr. Pink
Old 11-17-99, 12:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Considering it is on Artisan's 1-4-1 deal list right now, doesn't anyone think/know there might be an SE version on the horizon? It seems a couple of the ones on the list either already have an SE version out/announced/strong rumor... I was just wondering if anyone heard about RD yet?

Thanks

Oops... BTW to answer the original question I rented this a couple of weeks ago and though I usually don't like Tarantino's stuff I did enjoy this one. If you are into HK or Chow Yun Fat movies at all I would strongly recommend City on Fire as well...

[This message has been edited by nemein (edited 11-16-1999).]
Old 11-17-99, 09:53 AM

The "Reservoir Dogs" story is essentially "City on Fire" told in the Tarantino style.
Old 11-20-99, 02:38 PM

Lot's of dialog. The opening scene has a great discussion about tipping waitress's which to some might be worth the disk itself. Violent with some offbeat humor. Moves slow in some parts but I think it has enough merits to warrant a place in your collection.
Old 11-20-99, 03:57 PM

It was on Starz last night. I have it ordered as my free Artisan DVD. I haven't seen it in a few years and I still love it.

"Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am stuck in the middle with you."

Great scene!!!
www.dvdtracker.com/~dvdboy.asp