Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews wanted on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers DVD

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews wanted on Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers DVD

Old 11-13-99, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering if anyone can comment on its audio quality as compared with other music DVD's. Thanks.

Dave
Old 11-14-99, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You got it. I just got the new Tom Petty Live at the Fillmore DVD, and I love it! This concert was shot on real film, and is presented in widescreen format. I say "real film" because there is graininess evident, but that I'm sure, was done for artistic effect. There are 19 tracks listed on the back of the box, and 17 of them are from the actual concert. The other two tracks are from the "She's the one" soundtrack, and bookend the concert footage. I don't have the set list in front of me, but the songs favor the earlier Jimmy Iovine and Rick Rubin stuff, and less from the Jeff Lynne albums. Tom and the Heartbreakers are sounding better than ever here, and I have been following their stuff for a long time, now. The performance is a great one, and the sound quality is excellent. Those who have been looking for a great concert DVD to buy, will not be disappointed with this purchase.