DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

UNTOLD STORY....BRUTAL

Old 09-12-99, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Disturbing, VERY graphic,and it has one of the most extremely graphic mass murders ever put on film. This is a movie that made even me feel uncomfortable.
ANTHONY WONG gives a superb performance as an extremely psychotic butcher. He makes his own wonderfully delicious "pies." Kills when he feels threatened.
Couldn't understand the performance of the cops(DANNY LEE acts as a police cheif). They're all dumb as rocks! And their way of extracting information from a suspect is brutal. If he won't confess, make him confess. The police come of as comedians. I felt I was watching two movies. One was about a man with no soul, or feelings. And the other about the keystone cops. Maybe they felt that the subject matter was too dark, and needed lightening up. I dunno.
What I do know is that I am buying this movie.
800.com advertises 8MM as graphic, disturbing. It's NOT even close folks.

[This message has been edited by smokedragon (edited 09-12-1999).]
Old 09-12-99, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just for the record, Danny Lee also directed this film. He intentionally made the cops comic, but I can't remember what he said his reason was.

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~prefect.asp
Old 09-14-99, 07:16 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
A Hong Kong category 3 classic for sure ! Yes it is ultra brutal. HK cinema doesn't have quite the same taboos as Western cinema. Rape is depicted explicitly and a plenty but what shocked me most in the Untold story was the graphic depiction of child murder. That would never be tolerated in the West !

For those who did like the Untold story, check out Dr Lamb, Run to Kill, Red to Kill and Ebola Syndrome.

This stuff aint for everyone!
Old 09-14-99, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
I hate to admit it but, the film made me hungry, although any film with cooking in it will do that (I still can't watch "Eat drink, Man Woman" without getting some food).

"Untold story" was disturbing, but no more than "Men behind the sun", "Cannibal holocaust", "Salo, the 120 days of sodom" or even "Last house on the left".
Old 09-19-99, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wait until 'Caligula' is finally released!

BTW: Supposedly 'Untold Story' is based on a true event.