DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Rugrats Review(adult perspective)

Old 05-16-99, 11:37 PM
raytrade

Here's a movie I can't believe I bought on DVD (I'm single, no kids). I guess I found Angelica amusing in those Burger King commercials. Anyway, there was no way I would have seen this in a theater with a buch of screaming babies (and I don't mean the ones on the screen).

I finally dug this out of my collection to watch because I had a huge headache and really didn't want to devote the concentration to a "real" movie (something about cartoons and lying in bed sick just go together in my mind).

So, basically mindless entertainment similar to watching an extended Saturday morning cartoon. No special features worth mentioning, and although it does have 5.1 sound, I really didn't notice it at all. The video quality was basically on par with watching the cartoon on TV- The Rugrats were not exactly known for being a series with a lot of intricate animation.

I can't imagine why anyone would own this on DVD versus VHS, except that the kids wouldn't be able to wear out the tape from repeat watchings.