DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk reviews for Tuesday, November 26th, 2019

Old 11-27-19, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Review DB

DVD Talk reviews for Tuesday, November 26th, 2019

Highly Recommended
Toy Story 4 (4K Ultra HD) (Blu-ray)
by William Harrison

THE FILM:

Disney and Pixar continue to churn out sequels to beloved properties to varying results, but I am happy to report that Toy Story 4 largely retains the quality and entertainment value of previous films. The story directly follows 2010's Toy Story 3, itself a sequel to the massive animated hits of the 1990s. Did we need this film? Probably not, but what is a studio to do when it has a billion-dollar property with enough gas left in the tank? Josh Cooley directs after making his Pixar debut as writer of Inside Out, and returning voice talents Tom Hanks and Tim Allen are joined by Keegan-Michael Key, Christina Hendricks and Jordan Peele. Familiar themes of loyalty, growing up and remaining relevant are woven into the fabr...Read the entire review »

Pick It Up - Ska in the '90s
by Francis Rizzo III

In 10 Words or Less

A wonderful primer on the world of ska music

The Movie

For a few years in the mid to late 90s, ska music was everywhere, powered by breakout acts like No Doubt, ...Read the entire review »

Recommended
Annabelle Comes Home (Blu-ray)
by William Harrison

THE FILM:

Quality horror franchises are hard to come by, especially of late, so it is rather impressive that all eight films in the extended Conjuring Universe offer something of merit, including the latest entry, Annabelle Comes Home. The directorial debut of Gary Dauberman, who wrote earlier installments Annabelle and Annabelle: Creation, this third film in the Annabelle spin-off saga is different from its predecessors; offering more humor and haunted-house spooks than demonic chills. On one hand, Annabelle Comes Home cannot match the intensity of The Conjuring a...Read the entire review »

Old 11-27-19, 05:04 AM
Banned

Re: DVD Talk reviews for Tuesday, November 26th, 2019

I watched toy story 4 and Anabelle comes home. recently I watched joker movies. I am a movie lover. every movie I have watched the best movie in the world.