DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk reviews for Wednesday, August 7th, 2019

Old 08-08-19, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Review DB

DVD Talk reviews for Wednesday, August 7th, 2019

Skip It
Run the Race (Blu-ray)
by Ryan Keefer

The Movie:

I don't really have a strong opinion on once brief NFL (and heralded college) quarterback and minor league baseball player Tim Tebow as some others do, and was a little surprised to see his name as one of the producers in this film? Maybe he's using some of that endorsement and/or NFL money to make a separate indent into the culture, I don't know, but Run the Race would appear to have a footprint or two.

Written by Jack McIntyre and Jason Baumgardner, who handled some of the initial work behind the FX show (The League) and directed by Chris Dowling (Priceless), the film looks at Zach (Tanner Stine) and Dave (Evan Hofer), brothers, where the former is a star high school football player and the latter a former track s...Read the entire review »

Old 08-08-19, 09:42 PM
Cool New Member

Re: DVD Talk reviews for Wednesday, August 7th, 2019

I enjoyed the relationship between the two brothers. They worked well together and connected without pushing their lines like some "table read" movies from this genre.