DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk reviews for September 16th, 2013

Old 09-17-13, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Review DB

DVD Talk reviews for September 16th, 2013

Below are DVD Talk's reviews for September 16th, 2013. For a complete list of reviews, visit the review index.

RECOMMENDED
Michiko & Hatchin: The Complete Series, Part 1 (Blu-ray) by Tyler Foster

RENT IT
Hammer of the Gods (Blu-ray) by Ian Jane

SKIP IT
Revolution: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) by Neil Lumbard

Old 09-17-13, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: DVD Talk reviews for September 16th, 2013

Wow, I'm surprised to see Revolution under "Skip It." The show has problems but I enjoyed the first season, especially the pilot and early episodes. The flashbacks and score never bothered me.

Neil makes an interesting point regarding whether it would have been better to have the show take place right after the blackout rather than so many years later. I too was expecting the show to center around the immediate aftermath of the blackout but I don't know if that would have been the best approach. We've all seen the panic, chaos, and violence that ensues in disaster movies and zombie flicks. Where could they have gone with that? Jumping ahead opened up new opportunities and the ability to create a unique world that we really haven't seen before. And the flashbacks provided glimpses of how the world became that way. That was enough for me.