DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

New DVDs worthy of being in your home collection

Old 12-10-12, 06:50 PM
Banned

New DVDs worthy of being in your home collection

The Campaign is without a dought one of the funniest movies I have seen in awhile and I will gladly add it to my home collection.

I'm wondering if the new Bourne Legacy DVD will be will be up to par and deserve a spot in my collection? Anyone that has seen it have any comments? I have seen it yet so please don't give anything away.

Regards,
HARVDOGG

Last edited by HARVDOGG; 12-10-12 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-11-12, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: New DVDs worthy of being in your home collection

Given that the DVD of "Bourne Legacy" is missing 5 out of the 7 featurettes that are on the Blu-ray, it certainly gets minus points there. Besides that, the movie itself was not that great.

I think the only "new DVDs worthy" are ones coming from smaller labels. All the majors are skimping on the DVDs extras and making the Blu-rays much more worthy. I rarely buy DVDs anymore for that. TV shows are mostly the only things I buy on DVD nowadays.

Anyway, 2 DVDs that I think are worthy, but may not constitute as "new", as they've been out for a while:

Last edited by manicsounds; 12-11-12 at 02:11 AM.
Old 01-08-13, 01:53 PM
Banned

I have since seen the Bourne Legacy, and you were right. Could have been done better. I haven't seen the titles you have listed, but I will check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 04-18-13, 11:50 AM
Banned

Is Jack Reacher going to be worth renting? I've heard the chase scenes are done very well. Could it be a blue ray buyer?
Old 04-18-13, 02:50 PM
Banned

^ I officially decided once I got a blu-ray player that for new releases I decide to buy, I will only buy on Blu-ray. The difference in price is usually only $2 anyway. Catalog titles that are just now making their debut to DVD, as long as it interests me and the price is right I will pick up on DVD without a doubt so my DVD-buying days aren't completely over. Usually, though not always, catalog titles won't get as good as a remaster on Blu-ray. A up-converted DVD player will give you the same satisfaction for these titles.

By the way, HARVDOGG, I recommend you check out the reviews here on DVDTALK.COM for recommendations whether a movie is worth getting on DVD or if the transfer is remarkably better on Blu-ray. The reviewers do a good job at reviewing the products well.
Old 05-24-13, 04:09 PM
Banned

Thank you, I will check it out.