Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Kojak: Season Two'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-11, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Paul Mavis's DVD review of Kojak: Season Two at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=50408 and...I noticed that Kojak seems to have the same writer, producers, director and camera crew as "Rod Serling's Night Gallery". I'm looking forward to seeing the Andy Robinson/Ruth Gordon episode that Telly Savalas directed in this set.
Old 09-22-11, 09:52 AM

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Kojak: Season Two'

A nice combination of details, opinion and humor in this review of the second season of Kojak, Mr. Mavis! (Love the summary of the recent "reboot" with one word.)

Because of an early bedtime for school, I had to catch up on Kojak years later via reruns, but it was worth the wait. In the interim, I only had the GAME to play with! (Anyone remember putting up those cardboard buildings on the gameboard?) With Shout!Factory assuming DVD releases of the show, we're assured to see the rest of the seasons within a reasonable period of time.

Apple's Way had a lunchbox? I thought only short-lived Hanna-Barbera cartoons were awarded this honor!
Old 09-22-11, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Poor bastard never lived it down...

Glad you enjoyed the review!
Old 09-23-11, 09:07 AM

Awesome lunchbox, Paul! Wonder how much it's worth in today's collectible market?

In another lunchbox related story, I knew a boy in grade school who was stuck with his sister's hand-me-down: a Bobby Sherman lunchbox!
Old 09-23-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not mine. Ebay.
Same here:

I can do this all day....
Old 09-23-11, 01:28 PM

Obviously, you're not lying down on the couch like Dagwood today. Nice image of Bobby's lunchbox!

Well played, Paul! I bow to you...
Old 09-23-11, 03:21 PM

I remember when I was working at a store around 1980, we had a ton of Bobby Sherman lunch boxes that we couldn't give away. Kung Fu lunch boxes and Kiss halloween costumes could also be bought dirt cheap.
Old 09-23-11, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,832 Likes on 1,228 Posts

Stocking up on Bobby Sherman lunch boxes in 1980. Poor business choice? Is the place still around, or did it close after five weeks?
Old 09-24-11, 09:34 AM

That might mean the store had those Bobby Sherman lunchboxes for almost ten years (meaning they overstocked on them), or a discount store got them on the cheap years after Bobby's popularity waned with the masses!

In the late '70s, I recall a store that had the Kenner large Alien action figure and some of Mattel's Battlestar Galactca toys sitting on shelves for well over a year. Those things are collectible items today.

Was there a Kojak lunchbox?
Old 09-26-11, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fang Shih-yu
That might mean the store had those Bobby Sherman lunchboxes for almost ten years (meaning they overstocked on them), or a discount store got them on the cheap years after Bobby's popularity waned with the masses!

In the late '70s, I recall a store that had the Kenner large Alien action figure and some of Mattel's Battlestar Galactca toys sitting on shelves for well over a year. Those things are collectible items today.

Was there a Kojak lunchbox?
I remember there was a Kojak board game. You're right the Bobby Sherman and Kung Fu lunch boxes had simply sat on the shelf or in the warehouse for 8 or 9 years and were probably eventually thrown away. I remember that we had a ton of Kiss halloween costumes and most of them were for ages 5-8. I don't know how many 5 year old Kiss fans were out there, even in their prime.