DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Jane Eyre (2011)'

Old 08-13-11, 03:42 PM

DVD Talk review of 'Jane Eyre (2011)'

I read Brian Orndorf's DVD review of Jane Eyre (2011) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=50792 and... I maintain that an introduction to these films is necessary to explain to "young" audiences just who these Bronte ladies were and how successful their novels have been. Nevertheless,I loved the film because it is visually captivating on the big screen. Technically speaking, however, I don't think Charlotte Bronte meant for Mrs Fairfax to deny knowledge of Rochester's bride in the attic. She is mute on this point permitting readers to speculate that it was, indeed, Mrs Fairfax who spilled the beans re: the forthcoming marriage. How else to explain Mason's untimely arrival at the very moment of vows being sworn to?
Finally, for all her sorrows, at the moment of final joy at winning her champion, blind though he be, she gets a mouthful of facial hair for her efforts. Not a particularly romantic conclusion.
Old 08-15-11, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Jane Eyre (2011)'

Originally Posted by urbisoler View Post
Finally, for all her sorrows, at the moment of final joy at winning her champion, blind though he be, she gets a mouthful of facial hair for her efforts. Not a particularly romantic conclusion.
As a Bearded-American, I take offense at that comment.