DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Skin Eating Jungle Vampires'

Old 05-16-11, 09:47 AM
Cool New Member

DVD Talk review of 'Skin Eating Jungle Vampires'

I read Jeremy Biltz's DVD review of Skin Eating Jungle Vampires at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=49873 and...it sounds like the film makers intentions were to make a spoof of bad movies, but instead made a bad movie themselves! Unlike "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavara" which aptly toasted bad 50's drive in fare, this seems to be a failed attempt to do the same. or unless you as reviewer were expecting a serious film? Planet Clitoria should have been a give away that you were watching a spoof.
Old 05-16-11, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Skin Eating Jungle Vampires'

I'm sure it was intended as a spoof, but the minimum levels of craft required to pull a spoof off were not present. In The Lost Skeleton of Cadavara, and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers and plenty of other films that I could mention, the filmmakers were intentionally going for bad cinema. But they knew what they were doing and many of the goofs were intentional. With Skin Eating Jungle Vampires, there was so much unintentional badness, that any intentional badness didn't stand out.

I like silly B movies (or even C or D movies) as much as the next guy, but I expect at least a little bit of actual talent and ability. See my review of Blood on the Highway if you want to see me praising a film much in the same vein, and with a similar budget, but done quite Well.