Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Incredibles' (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Jamie S. Rich's DVD review of The Incredibles at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=47507 and...

you mention a "digital creation" (The Incredibles) has more "emotive power" then Tobey Maguire's "Spiderman", but the problem was that Spiderman was a "digital creation". Nobody, for one second, believed it was anything but a digital creation when Spiderman jumped from building to building. It looked extremely fake and you can't really blame Tobey Maguire's acting for that.

Last edited by Chas Speed; 04-05-11 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 11:35 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

Re: DVD Talk review of 'The Incredibles' (Blu-ray)

Except, you know, when it was a close-up on Tobey's face and he was shouting out "Wa-hoo!" As Jon Lovitz would say, "Acting!

I'm thinking of the very specific scenes where Dash discovers the levels of his powers and can't believe his luck, and the similar scene in the first Spidey movie where Peter Parker essentially does the same, leaping from roof to roof.
Old 04-06-11, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by jamieoni
Except, you know, when it was a close-up on Tobey's face and he was shouting out "Wa-hoo!" As Jon Lovitz would say, "Acting!

I'm thinking of the very specific scenes where Dash discovers the levels of his powers and can't believe his luck, and the similar scene in the first Spidey movie where Peter Parker essentially does the same, leaping from roof to roof.
I could never get over how fake Spiderman looked. It looked more like a cartoon then "The Incredibles". I still think Maguire was the least of Spiderman's problems and can't imagine it will be greatly improved with another actor in the role, as we will soon find out. I wish they would stop making Spiderman films and start making "Incredbles" films.
Old 04-12-11, 10:48 AM

Nice line in the review: "I could keep going for a long time. I have barely begun to use up the hyperbole I have in reserve for The Incredibles."

I agree with the claims of how good The Incredibles is - it was amazing to read the original movie threads when it came out, and how many people didn't like/get its quality.