Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Better blind buy, Frozen or The Killer Inside Me?

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We keep a monthly budget for movie and music spending and it was a slow month. We've already grabbed Mad Men season 1-3 and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and neither was planned to be purchased this month.

So, I'm stuck with one last purchase to make this month . I know it may sound stupid but it's not really affordability, it's just a family budget. So we don't think of it as money to spend next month, we're blessed enough to not have to be that careful.

We just begin again, so while technically, it would still be saved...I kind of want to spend it aided by an extra $5 credit at Amazon. You know?

Right now I only want The Player, but I'm not paying around $20 for a catalog title with only a 3 star video review. When it's $9.99, I'll grab it.

So, I'm looking at September 28th and those titles stick out. I'm sure Amazon will adjust the price on Frozen (kind of funny that Frozen is "stuck" at over $31) and The Killer Inside Me is only $19.99.

Assuming Frozen at least comes down to the low $20's, that's my total cost minus the credit, because we have Prime.

Imdb has them both scored about the same. Same at Rottentomatoes and I went to Ebert's reviews to break the tie and he gave The Killer Inside Me a not very good review, but he didn't review Frozen at all.

So, anyone who's see either or both want to comment. A vote for neither or telling me, they both suck is perfectly acceptable feedback. I did also check the movie forum and there really wasn't enough discussion on either for me to feel comfortable. I recognize the posters in this forum and in the TV and blu-ray bargains forum more than anywhere else, so I think I can trust your opinions.

So, can I get some votes for The Killer Inside Me, Frozen, maybe another title that I'm overlooking, or none of the above? The last tip I took was for Triangle and I found that to be a gem of a film.

Thanks.
Old 09-20-10, 05:36 PM

Re: Better blind buy, Frozen or The Killer Inside Me?

Why not just get both from Netflix and see which one you like better?
Old 09-20-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Haven't seen The Killer Inside Me, but personally, I really dug Frozen. My review: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/45771/frozen/
Old 09-20-10, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought "The Killer Inside Me" is the second best movie this year, but I haven't seen "Frozen." I would recommend renting "Killer Inside Me" first since the subject matter can be unsettling and the general tone of the movie isn't pleasant.
Old 09-20-10, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I saw and liked both. Killer Inside Me offers better performances than Frozen. Frozen would be my pick of the two though. It had a nice build and a good amount of tension.
Old 09-21-10, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw both, would say Frozen if you like suspense. It's not often that a movie makes me squirm from tension alone. This did that. Killer Inside Me also had a few squirm (violent) moments, but nothing like Frozen. My vote goes to the latter.

(Though at the end of the day, they're both just rentals).
Old 10-05-10, 04:40 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Frozen BD is now $10 fwiw, BB and maybe Amazon.