Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever [Unrated]'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Tyler Foster's DVD review of Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever [Unrated] at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=40921 and he's totally right about the framing issue, the DVD is unwatchable on a TV, and I too after all the trouble the movie's had doubt Lionsgate will bother with a recall, the R2 UK PAL DVD will be released on Feb 22, I hope that one will be better...
Old 02-09-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever [Unrated]'

Good to know I'm not just imagining things.
Old 02-15-10, 10:38 AM
Cool New Member

I could not believe this got sucha high rating and a good review. It was a disgrace in comparison to the first film. Guess I missed all the 'hilarity' of the first film which to me dealt with a group of city kids who contract a flesh eating virus from a chance encounter with an infected local. Winston the cop was a scary character, not a funny one, due to his complete lack of giving a s**t about the problem. In this film he's a likable goof-off. Man, there was so much wrong with this picture I can't think of anything right.
Old 02-15-10, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldnewbie
I could not believe this got sucha high rating and a good review. It was a disgrace in comparison to the first film. Guess I missed all the 'hilarity' of the first film which to me dealt with a group of city kids who contract a flesh eating virus from a chance encounter with an infected local. Winston the cop was a scary character, not a funny one, due to his complete lack of giving a s**t about the problem. In this film he's a likable goof-off. Man, there was so much wrong with this picture I can't think of anything right.
I think you really missed the intended tone of the original Cabin Fever. The gag ending
Spoiler:
where Winston dumps Paul in the lake and then the entire town sits around drinking tainted lemonade and folk songs didn't strike you as a dark joke? The guy getting the harmonica down his throat? The deer? Deputy Winston's assertion that "you fucked up the whole party, man!" when Strong appears, drenched from head to toe in blood?
The film's tagline is the hilariously punny "Catch It!", as well. I mean, sure, it's not ALL supposed to be funny, but I think to call Cabin Fever a straight thriller is a pretty definitive misread of the movie.
Old 02-15-10, 01:01 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The sequel was an alright follow up I just really wish Ti West would get his cut out and I wish the first cabin fever DC wouldn't be exclusive to blu ray... sigh
Old 02-23-10, 11:32 AM
Cool New Member

droidguy 1119: Oh I got it, and the several other dark humor moments (don't want to give away spoilers). But this sequel goes over the top. To have that dark humor element, you need a solid serious story to work from. This sequel had no foundation other than to yuck and muck it up. The original is a personal fav or mine so I suppose that is where my let-down comes from.