Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Second Season'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Second Season'

Old 10-01-09, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

I read Jeffrey Robinson's DVD review of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Second Season at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=38924 and I liked it.

I just wish there had been better extras. I would have liked to have seen trailers but I guess FOX owns that part of the franchise.

What should have been on there was Summer Glau's audition. From her description it sounds very interesting.

I liked this season better than the first one. The pacing was good IMO. Others complained that it was too slow and focused too much on Sarah in parts, and I agree that that's probably what helped the show fail with the general public.

For me though, the show had so many complex plot threads going on, and so many interesting questions asked, for example, the nature of AI, that to keep the show intelligent, these self reflective episodes needed to come out once in awhile to flesh out the characters and circumstances while still having the viewer think more about the underlying themes.

I think that the show could have survived had it not been for the expensive budget, and the fact that it needed to be REALLY successful for FOX to keep it on, since they were only sharing half the profits with WB.

Only 2 episodes I didn't like. "Alpine Fields," because it didn't seem very interesting.

Then the last one, because it seems that the writers tried to wrap up too many plot threads in just one episode, that it kind of ruined the mysteries they had going on.

The good thing about it though, is that you could see how the show was probably supposed to end had it been given a longer lifespan.
Old 10-02-09, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Second

The show was certainly better then the last two Terminator films.
Old 10-13-09, 08:20 AM
ATX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - The Complete Second

just finished rewatching the S2 blu ray

EXCELLENT!

even the 2-3 episodes that i initially thought were subpar.. were better

probably because i watched back 2 back so things made more sense