Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-09, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=38923 and...

I find it disheartening that Bill would be given the task to review a film without first acquainting himself with which job description is responsible for what creative task on a film. Bill credits Anchor Bay, the DVD transfer house with "providing a pristine Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound mix that does the music proud. The dialogue is also treated with dignity, allowing all the jokes and off-color asides to come across flawlessly." The audio mix is the the task and responsibility of the re-recording mixers who were credited on the film, Namely Ken S. Polk and myself, Ezra Dweck. While I appreciate the complements on our work, I would like the article amended to reflect credit to the people who are actually responsible for it.

Thanks
-Ezra Dweck
Old 09-08-09, 02:30 PM
Defunct Account

Re: DVD Talk review of 'Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto'

Interesting choice of insulting Bill and then asking him to do you a favor. That work for you often?

I'd mark the review down as a win and move on.
Old 09-08-09, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto'

Originally Posted by zramix
I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of Rob Zombie Presents The Haunted World of El Superbeasto at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=38923 and...

I find it disheartening that Bill would be given the task to review a film without first acquainting himself with which job description is responsible for what creative task on a film. Bill credits Anchor Bay, the DVD transfer house with "providing a pristine Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound mix that does the music proud. The dialogue is also treated with dignity, allowing all the jokes and off-color asides to come across flawlessly." The audio mix is the the task and responsibility of the re-recording mixers who were credited on the film, Namely Ken S. Polk and myself, Ezra Dweck. While I appreciate the complements on our work, I would like the article amended to reflect credit to the people who are actually responsible for it.

Thanks
-Ezra Dweck
The purpose of a review is to give information to consumers on the quality of a disc - not to provide the names of re-recording mixers.
Old 09-12-09, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by zramix

Thanks
-Ezra Dweck
Is this an Anchor Bay product? Oh, it is? And was this a Rob Zombie film? Oh, it is. In pretty much any review on the planet, these are the places where the kudos (or complaints if one feels differently) are going to go. Reviewers do not need to sit down and read the entire end credits of a film and feel obligated to give any or all of them credit for what they've done. Your work was given praise, and you still find room to complain. Yeesh.
Old 09-12-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

What's next? Will we hear from a Focus Puller demanding that we give him credit by name when we mention that a particular DVD has superb image quality?
Old 09-12-09, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
What's next? Will we hear from a Focus Puller demanding that we give him credit by name when we mention that a particular DVD has superb image quality?
Otherwise he'll stab you with his tripod!

Old 09-12-09, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Why does the OP have 0 posts when he clearly has at least 1?
Old 09-12-09, 11:54 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Why does the OP have 0 posts when he clearly has at least 1?
When you create a thread like this by going thru the review, it does notcount as a post.
Old 09-13-09, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Oh, that's odd. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-18-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
When you create a thread like this by going thru the review, it does notcount as a post.
It will from now on. I think I've fixed all the ones in the system too.