Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp - The Complete Season One (1955-1956)'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp - The Complete Season One (1955-1956)'

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-09, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Paul Mavis's DVD review of The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp - The Complete Season One (1955-1956) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=37007 and...

I appreciate Paul's insights into this early, and sometimes overlooked TV western. Just a brief comment about the lack of extras . . . I suspect it comes down to money and rights. Hugh O'Brian actually did do an on-camera interview for an earlier DVD release of the series, on Rhino's "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp: From Ellsworth to Tombstone," which was released in September 2005, and which contained 26 highlight episodes spanning the entire series. There's also a modern day interview with actor Mason Dinehart who played Bat Masterson on the series for a time, among several other extras on the Rhino set. I suspect that these interviews are proprietary to Rhino and either weren't available to Infinity Entertainment et al, or they simply didn't want to go to the extra expense to either acquire them or film an update interview with Mr. O'Brian. While I normally prefer season sets, the Rhino interviews were worthwhile and, if Infinity doesn't go the full six season distance with "Wyatt Earp" (a distinct possibility), the Rhino set includes the series closing "Gunfight at the OK Corral" story arc.

Last edited by Bobhug; 04-22-09 at 07:12 AM.