Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Case Closed: Season 1 Set'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Todd Douglass Jr.'s DVD review of Case Closed: Season 1 Set at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34372 and...

I loved your article but it brings up one question , will funimation support and continue to produce more english dubbed episodes? Up till now only season five with 130 eps have been dubbed, but what will happen to the rest of the series? I love case closed what are your inputs. Thanks
Old 03-06-09, 07:23 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Case Closed: Season 1 Set'

Originally Posted by Akoonamotata
I read Todd Douglass Jr.'s DVD review of Case Closed: Season 1 Set at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34372 and...

I loved your article but it brings up one question , will funimation support and continue to produce more english dubbed episodes? Up till now only season five with 130 eps have been dubbed, but what will happen to the rest of the series? I love case closed what are your inputs. Thanks
I guess I'll chime in, since no one else has said anything yet. To be honest, I'm already surprised that FUNimation is even releasing this much. This franchise is just not popular over here versus Japan or even other Asian countries. FUNi will release 5 season sets plus two movies (at least so far). I would say, if it sells well enough there is a chance that they may release more. Keep in mind too that this is still ongoing series in Japan (over 500 episodes). There is no way that FUNimation was going to release all of the episodes. And there are some rumors of FUNi releasing more of the movies. But until it's solicited, it will remain as a rumor...
Old 03-09-09, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by WTK
I guess I'll chime in, since no one else has said anything yet. To be honest, I'm already surprised that FUNimation is even releasing this much. This franchise is just not popular over here versus Japan or even other Asian countries. FUNi will release 5 season sets plus two movies (at least so far). I would say, if it sells well enough there is a chance that they may release more. Keep in mind too that this is still ongoing series in Japan (over 500 episodes). There is no way that FUNimation was going to release all of the episodes. And there are some rumors of FUNi releasing more of the movies. But until it's solicited, it will remain as a rumor...
That 100% sucks. If Funimation does not contiune to dub the episodes, are there other anime companies willing too? I just can't admit a end to the series. Maybe in Japan they have english dubs? thanks for replying!
Old 03-11-09, 04:09 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

That 100% sucks. If Funimation does not contiune to dub the episodes, are there other anime companies willing too? I just can't admit a end to the series. Maybe in Japan they have english dubs? thanks for replying!
Most anime companies are encountering tough times, FUNimation being one of the few that will try marginal projects. I know it sucks but that is the reality of the situation (and for the record, it is not likely that the Japanese versions will have either an English dub or subtitles). You could brush up on your Japanese though...
Old 03-11-09, 08:10 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by Houstondon
Most anime companies are encountering tough times, FUNimation being one of the few that will try marginal projects. I know it sucks but that is the reality of the situation (and for the record, it is not likely that the Japanese versions will have either an English dub or subtitles). You could brush up on your Japanese though...
That's definitely true. Everyone including FUNimation encountering tough times. If FUNimation doesn't do anymore episodes, would anyone? The answer would likely be a no. The series is too long and ongoing. I just don't see anyone touching this if FUNimation decides to stop the series.
Old 03-12-09, 09:02 AM

There is no offical word from Funimation yet, is there?
Old 03-12-09, 01:54 PM
Defunct Account

So far they are continuing the series. Season Five comes out 5/12/09.
Old 03-25-09, 06:21 PM

who made case closed the series is a true genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111