Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Resident Evil - Extinction'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 12-22-08, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Resident Evil - Extinction at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31673 and...
Well, O.K., where to start. I have to say that you are very long winded......
Now, keep in mind that this is supposed to be a review and you reviewed it. But as a movie collector and movie expert, I am shocked and disappointed in you for being this naive. Anyone wanting to read a review on a movie they have not watched yet only needs the basics. You went through and totally ruined the watching experience for them. Only if they would take the time to read your overly complex, self induced, look at me I am a genius in my own mind review. The movie had its faults and it had its strong point and that is all the reader wants to know. Your opinion is all right, but in moderation. Grow up and find something else to do with your life. You really need to think before you write again. If I were a consumer wanting to know about movies and had to constantly read over blown paragraph puke, I would throw my DVD player at a passing elderly person and go postal in the Wal-Mart electronic department. By the way, where do you shop for your movies? Did the cashier regurgitate all of that fabulous DVD information to you as you were checking out? I am betting NOT. Leave that to the person purchasing the film. Mention the great features and lay off of the caffeine..... Wanna’ talk movies? Come on in to my world. My E-Mail is: [email protected]
Hope to hear from you soon. In smaller installments of course........
-FlameGeist
P.S. Have you EVER played and beaten a Resident Evil Game? Zombie Birds? They are Crows with the T-Virus. They never technically died, so they are NOT zombies. They ingested the virus from the dead flesh of the rotting corpses......Where do you get your material? Fire your writer, Jay Leno.
Old 12-23-08, 07:26 AM
Defunct Account

So let me get this straight... you're upset that Ian's review is too long? (I read your purple prose-filled post twice and I'm still not sure what you're gripe is.) With an introduction, a three paragraph synopsis and two paragraphs of analysis it seems like a pretty straight forward solid review to me. Then again I enjoy reading about movies.

Thanks for posting your e-mail Flame, but I think if anyone wants to talk movies, they'll do it in the forums where, well, people talk movies.

Welcome to the Internet! Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by John Sinnott; 12-23-08 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-23-08, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Zombie Birds? They are Crows with the T-Virus. They never technically died, so they are NOT zombies.
Eh, that's kinda just semantics. It's like saying the zombies-in-pretty-much-every-possible-way in Nightmare City, 28 Days Later, and Planet Terror aren't zombies either even though technically... "Zombie" works as a shorthand (and it's a pretty widely used one in this case), and "infected" just isn't as...y'know, evocative. I don't think anyone would feel shortchanged or misled if they spotted "zombie" in reviews of any of those movies.

...and geez, if you think Ian's long-winded, you'd hate me. It's not meant to be self-indulgent, though. Some of us just really enjoy discussing movies, and this is one outlet for us to do that.
Old 12-23-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

:notrolls:
Old 12-23-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
...and geez, if you think Ian's long-winded, you'd hate me. It's not meant to be self-indulgent, though. Some of us just really enjoy discussing movies, and this is one outlet for us to do that.
"Any other windbags out there? Mavis?"
"PRESENT!"

I write books on anything, Flame -- with the express purpose of being self-indulgent.

Flame, dude........anytime, man. Read my stuff; it'll drive you right off this site and out of your mind.
Old 12-24-08, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by FlameGeist
They are Crows with the T-Virus. They never technically died, so they are NOT zombies. They ingested the virus from the dead flesh of the rotting corpses......Where do you get your material? Fire your writer, Jay Leno.
What exactly are you looking for from the review. If I saw a bird eat the flesh off a dead corpse and then started to fly after me...wanting to eat my flesh...I'd call the damn thing a Zombie Bird. And I'd run like hell, thanks.

"Zombie" is a generic term, which currently has a wide-reaching definition. It can apply to non-human subjects as well. Zombie cats. Zombie dogs. Zombie goldfish.