DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

The Strangers Unrated DVD Review

Old 10-20-08, 08:44 PM

The Strangers Unrated DVD Review

This is a review of The Strangers Unrated DVD released on Oct. 21/08. Since I do not live near a Theater and did not get to see this movie during it's run I was dying to see this on DVD since it looked really good and got pretty decent reviews.

First I'll start with the film itself. The movie was creepy, scary and disturbing and incredible. The acting by Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman was really great. Any two actors that can keep you scared and entertained for 1 hours and 20mins being alone for pretty much the whole time got to be pretty good. The killers showed how sick and depraved some people are. The film was presented in a gritty almost B-movie like look making so much scarier. The only problem I have with this movie is the length was a little short but you know which more time that could have been more time to screw it up.

The DVD itself is not so good. The quality and all is really great even for a horror movie. The movie has a B-movie like look and feel but still presented really good. And the sound quality makes the movie so much scarier. But the real problem with the DVD is the lack of features. For a movie that got decent reviews and was as successful as it was you would expect more than one featurette and 2 extremely useless deleted scenes. Almost make it seem like there may be a Special Edition coming in a few months or so which I really hate (Zodiac).

So all in all this was a really good scary movie if you're looking for that type thing. Great for this time of the year. But you may want to hold off on buying until we find out if there may be a Special Edition coming unless you buy both.