Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Mother of Tears: Unrated'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 09-20-08, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I read Bill Gibron's DVD review of Mother of Tears: Unrated at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=34714 and... while it was well-written, and you did make some good points, I felt the film was a horrid mess. The acting was terrible, the plot (can I even call it that?) was convoluted and laughable and the story wasn't remotely engaging. The over the top gore was just about the only thing that kept me watching the film. Udo Kier was at his hammiest, over-acting to levels Shatner never dreamed of. The film had a very cheap look; did Argento shoot this one digital instead of on film? I'm a fan of the previous 2 entries in this trilogy, but this one just feels like too little too late. I might consider giving it another day in court should I find the DVD for cheap, but I'm finding it difficult to find motivation to even do that.
Old 10-28-08, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mother Of Tears - Spectacular Movie

Bill Gibron's Mother Of Tears review was right on target! If it wasn't for Bill's great review I would have missed out on this spectacular film.

Most of the reviews I read elsewhere were either neutral or negative, which did not inspire me to pursue the acquisition of the MOT DVD.

But thank goodness for DVDTalk and Bill Gibron - you gave me the incentive to check out this gem of a movie. Masterfully orchestrated and delivered in grand style - a film only Dario could create.

LP Cross
Old 10-28-08, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the film was terrible. Bad acting(Asia Argento especially-and ugly to boot) Silly CGI. Throwing a baby off a bridge which is obviously a doll-it's arm falls off in the process. I wanted to like this but alas, Argento hasn't done a good film in years.