DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   In Bruge - Any reviews of the dvd? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/534480-bruge-any-reviews-dvd.html)

tofferman 06-27-08 05:16 PM

In Bruge - Any reviews of the dvd?
 
I read the theatrical review of In Bruge here at dvdtalk, but will there be a review for the dvd release? Does Focus Features even send out screener copies?

I was considering a blind buy, but cannot justify the $19.99 price otherwise.

Bacharach 06-27-08 09:00 PM

There should be a review in a week.

Daytripper 06-27-08 09:40 PM


Originally Posted by tofferman
I read the theatrical review of In Bruge here at dvdtalk, but will there be a review for the dvd release? Does Focus Features even send out screener copies?

I was considering a blind buy, but cannot justify the $19.99 price otherwise.

Tofferman. DO IT! I will reimburse you your money if you don't like it. I've been begging this couple I know to see it for months in the theater. I just got an e-mail from them tonight and they said they just rented it, and I quote "It was fucking awesome! 8.5/10 rating".

tofferman 06-27-08 10:51 PM


Originally Posted by Daytripper
Tofferman. DO IT! I will reimburse you your money if you don't like it. I've been begging this couple I know to see it for months in the theater. I just got an e-mail from them tonight and they said they just rented it, and I quote "It was fucking awesome! 8.5/10 rating".

I need more friends like you! That way I could accumulate my dvd collection for a lot cheaper. -wink-


Originally Posted by Bacharach
There should be a review in a week.

Looking forward to it. Seeing that none of the dvd websites that I peruse daily have reviewed it, I assume no screener copies were sent out.

X 06-27-08 11:33 PM

I've seen it and it has a good amount of special features. Deleted/gag scenes, features about the making of, and ones about the city. None very long, but not bad.

The DVD looked good. I'm still undecided as to how much I liked the movie though.

Daytripper 06-28-08 07:17 AM


Originally Posted by tofferman
I need more friends like you! That way I could accumulate my dvd collection for a lot cheaper. -wink-

Hey hey. I work on the honor system. Don't make me pull out the lie detector ;)

souvenir 06-28-08 04:39 PM


Originally Posted by tofferman
Seeing that none of the dvd websites that I peruse daily have reviewed it, I assume no screener copies were sent out.

You can always check DVD Basen to see if any sites have reviewed a particular DVD. It appears that both DVD Times and DVD Movie Central have reviews up for In Bruges.

Zodiac_Speaking 07-01-08 12:11 PM

I love this movie. I'm getting the DVD soon...

Bacharach 07-04-08 06:46 AM

The review is up.

Daytripper 07-04-08 11:02 AM


Originally Posted by Bacharach
The review is up.

Just saw it (the review). Perfect! :)

But you couldn't have given the film a 4.5/5?? ;) Still the best film of 2008 (so far).

Dan1boy 07-04-08 01:47 PM

Watched it last night!

Brilliant, enthralling, everything a movie should be....loved it

Is it that transparent?

Bacharach 07-04-08 03:44 PM

The only thing that kept it from a 4.5 for me is the ending -- it hits me as just a little too tidy, but that's the only quibble I have. You're right, it's a brilliant movie.

Daytripper 07-04-08 05:57 PM


Originally Posted by Bacharach
The only thing that kept it from a 4.5 for me is the ending -- it hits me as just a little too tidy, but that's the only quibble I have. You're right, it's a brilliant movie.

Yes! :)

whovian43 07-05-08 01:34 PM

Another review here as well:
http://www.dvdcorner.net/reviews/dvd...in_bruges.html

FlickMan 07-07-08 07:37 AM

WOW! Great little flick!

Excellant acting, story, cinematography and location shooting! 9/10

Drama, witty banter, violence, etc - this one has it all.

Daytripper 07-08-08 01:25 PM


Originally Posted by whovian43

Terrible review. A grade "B" rating!?? For the movie AND the picture quality?? Uh, no.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.