Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers: The Collection Volume 1'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-08, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 256 Likes on 181 Posts

I read Jeffrey Kauffman's DVD review of Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers: The Collection Volume 1 at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=33230 and...

Can you comment on how many episodes this DVD set contains? Can the review be updated with an episode list? Thanks.
Old 05-15-08, 10:59 AM
JMK
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, Joshua, thanks for the question. This volume contains episodes 1-32, so I assume Volume 2 will have 33-65. Unfortunately there is no episode list on any of the packaging and I simply don't have time right now to go back to all four DVDs and jot down all of the titles due to a stack of pending reviews I need to get to. If you are patient, I'll try to do that for you in the next week or so, OK?
Old 05-15-08, 11:08 AM
JMK
DVD Talk Reviewer

Actually, it just occurred to me that Wikipedia, that fount of all knowledge (not), might have an episode list, which it does, so I'll import that to the review. That said, we all know Wikipedia is not always 100% accurate, so it will take me a while to verify, but at least you'll have something in the meantime.
Old 05-15-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 256 Likes on 181 Posts
Importing from Wikipedia will only work if you're certain what order the episodes are presented in. The problem is that the series was broadcast out of chronological order originally. The show's creator has his preferred episode order listed on the official web site. There's a separate fan-preferred episode order out there as well, though I can't find a link at the moment.

I think it would be better for now to just update the review to say how many episodes there are, and then worry about double-checking the actual episode list later.
Old 05-27-08, 05:32 PM

The episodes on Volume One are as follows:

Disc 1: "Phoenix," "New Frontier," "Tortuna," "Chained," "Smuggler's Gauntlet" "Mistwalker."
Disc 2: "Wildfire," "Ghost Station," "One Million Emotions," "Traash," "Mindnet," "Tune-Up," "Space Sorcerer," "Progress," "Queen's Lair"
Disc 3: "The Ax," "Shaky" "Space Moby," "Scarecrow," "The Power Within," "Games" "Showtime," "Psychocrypt," "Renegade Rangers."
Disc 4: "Edge of Darkness" "Magnificent Kiwi," "Armada," "Birds of a Feather," "Stargate," "Buzzwang's Folly," "Heart of Tarkon," "Murder on the Andorian Express."

The wikipedia information on this series is not especially good.

Last edited by Buzzwang; 05-27-08 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-27-08, 11:35 PM

Oh, and you guys are linking to the wrong page on Amazon.

Try http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Gal...dp/B0013D8LZE/