Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Appleseed Ex Machina'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-08, 05:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

I read Jeffrey Kauffman's DVD review of Appleseed Ex Machina at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32590 and...Jeff did you get a retail copy and if so was it in a SteelBook package? i am trying to determine if this is an exclusive to some retailer like Best Buy. Best Buy's ad this week doesn't look like or mention a SteelBook. WTK who is an anime expert says this is for all stores everywhere, but not one store indicates a SteelBook. Thanks and thanks for the positive review, i think i may bite on my first anime (well second if you count "The Animatrix", which i haven't even seen yet), but a SteelBook package would put me over the top.
Old 03-09-08, 05:41 PM
JMK
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, this is a Steelbook and I believe that's the only way the 2 disc collector's edition is packaged. Maybe John Sinnott knows for sure.
Old 03-09-08, 10:21 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
I read Jeffrey Kauffman's DVD review of Appleseed Ex Machina at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=32590 and...Jeff did you get a retail copy and if so was it in a SteelBook package? i am trying to determine if this is an exclusive to some retailer like Best Buy. Best Buy's ad this week doesn't look like or mention a SteelBook. WTK who is an anime expert says this is for all stores everywhere, but not one store indicates a SteelBook. Thanks and thanks for the positive review, i think i may bite on my first anime (well second if you count "The Animatrix", which i haven't even seen yet), but a SteelBook package would put me over the top.
Anime studios often times don't give enough product information (such as packaging) to the consumers. The steelbook packaging on anime is still a relatively new concept. Official solicitations sometimes don't give enough information. Every now and then, they will advertise a steelbook as a steelcase, deluxe edition, or nothing at all. IMO, this won't be fixed anytime soon.
Old 03-10-08, 03:29 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by WTK
Anime studios often times don't give enough product information (such as packaging) to the consumers. The steelbook packaging on anime is still a relatively new concept. Official solicitations sometimes don't give enough information. Every now and then, they will advertise a steelbook as a steelcase, deluxe edition, or nothing at all. IMO, this won't be fixed anytime soon.
oh well i guess. looks like a good overall package that will keep me entertained and open my world up to a new genre.
hey WTK, how come you didn't review this one?
Old 03-10-08, 04:14 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 533 Likes on 469 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
oh well i guess. looks like a good overall package that will keep me entertained and open my world up to a new genre.
hey WTK, how come you didn't review this one?
Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't do any sort of reviews here. I contribute to the Anime Talk column with the anime bargains. Most of the anime reviews here are done by John, Todd, and Don.