DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   DVD Talk review of Rob Zombie's Halloween (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/519197-dvd-talk-review-rob-zombies-halloween.html)

hotsexyboi 12-05-07 04:04 AM

DVD Talk review of 'Rob Zombie's Halloween'

I just got a copy of the DVD Screener and I LOOOVED the movie. It's better than the original and surprisingly Sheri Moon Zombie could actually act..I never seen her in anything else before til' now. This movie is not all that scary as it is dramatic. But all in all a AWESOME movie to go with the Halloween series. Loved how it showed Michael's past as it explained alot of things. This has probably became one of my favorite parts in the series. It's defenitly worth buying on DVD December 18th!!

Trevor 12-10-07 09:20 AM

-popcorn-

JustinCleveland 12-10-07 09:31 AM

Trevor, shouldn't you be eating Spam?

Trevor 12-11-07 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JustinCleveland
Trevor, shouldn't you be eating Spam?

You'd almost have to be a spammer to admit liking that movie, right?

Matthew Ackerly 12-13-07 09:36 AM

'Better than the original"????????????????????

Swahili 12-13-07 07:16 PM

Sheri Moon could act??????

Brent L 12-13-07 10:07 PM

If she was trying to "act" like one of the worst actresses of all time giving one of the worst performances ever in a major motion picture, then I fully agree.

Swahili 12-15-07 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L
If she was trying to "act" like one of the worst actresses of all time giving one of the worst performances ever in a major motion picture, then I fully agree.

*Hi-Fives*

I remember when I first watched it, I could NOT believe how bad her acting was. Its the type of thing you think someone would bring up to Rob Zombie, but nobody seems to want to have to argue with him about it.

God, Part II 12-15-07 12:04 PM

<-- Not a spammer and really enjoyed Rob Zombie's Halloween

What I want to know is if the Unrated version retains the theatrical ending. I've never seen the workprint ending, which everyone and their dog seems to think is superior to the theatrical one but, having read it described, I can't imagine how it even comes close to the thematically PERFECT way the theatrical ending played out (it's the ending us series fans have always wanted for Jamie Lee Curtis's Laurie Strode and almost got with H20). If the Unrated DVD uses the workprint's ending, I'll stick with the theatrical edit on DVD. Anyone care to clue me in?

chris_sc77 12-15-07 07:58 PM

I think the DVD talk review nails it. It's a pretty close approximation of how I felt after seeing it.

God, Part II 12-15-07 08:56 PM

Well, I read on another review at a different site that the workprint ending has not been restored (thank God) but it did mention that the ending is different in that
Spoiler:
Loomis lives and helps Laurie escape.
So how does this affect the very last moment of the movie? Because if there's no
Spoiler:
Laurie giving it to Michael point-blank in the face
then no sale.

buckee1 12-22-07 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Ackerly
'Better than the original"????????????????????

My thoughts exactly. It's a great film on its own but it is no way better than the original.