Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Song Remains the Same: Two-Disc Special Edition'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 11-22-07, 10:12 AM

I read Preston Jones's DVD review of The Song Remains the Same: Two-Disc Special Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31433 and...

I just watched the entire Collectors Edition and for the most part, I agree with the reviewer. The sound especially, is noticably better than the previous DVD, although I felt that Plant's vocals leaned too heavy on both sides of the screen instead of being firmly anchored in the center.

There were two moments in the DVD that left me curious. The first is a quick 2-second glitch showing Peter Grant again exiting the house (like he does in the beginning) right before he makes his phone call....that must be an error as it doesn't appear in previous editions. The second is a ever-so-brief audio dead spot that happens right before Dazed And Confused begins. These two glitches aren't enough to hurt the presentation but they are still noticeable to the keen eye and ear.

The only thing else I could complain about is that to order the free poster, I must surrender the miniature version of said poster (which is the order blank), and Warner's won't accept copies. That's a shame because I'd like to keep the miniature too!

All in all though, the DVD set is excellent and is I'm proud to finally have a definitve edition of the only film released by Led Zeppelin.