DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Soundless'

Old 10-25-07, 07:18 PM

DVD Talk review of 'Soundless'

I read Svet Atanasov's DVD review of Soundless at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=22781 and...

Thanks for a really interesting review. You brought up a lot of criticism I did not think of, partially because I had just seen the new Bourne movie in the theatre, and was so impressed at how much better Soundless was. Although minimalist, I found it to create a lot more tension (probably for about 1/50 the price) than 99% of Hollywood movies. My bet is that it will be re-made in America within two years and have a lot more explosions and hand-held "action" footage, but not near the gravity.

Thanks again for the review
Old 10-26-07, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hello jlmace!

First of all welcome to DVDTALK! And now thank you for the kind words. Indeed, I also thought that the minimalist approach to the story was very successful.

Since you enjoyed this film allow me to recommend to you the following Belgian title:

Also a minimalist film, very well-executed, and more than likely with a Hollywood remake on the horizon.

You could see the trailer here:
http://www.sonyclassics.com/memoryofakiller/

Yours,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 10-26-07 at 02:26 AM.