DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

never watched bond movies, which of the sets are the best?

Old 10-18-07, 04:35 PM

never watched bond movies, which of the sets are the best?

I can afford two of the bond sets at the moment but I've never watched any of them before. Which two are the best?
Old 10-18-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you're talking about the Ultimate editions, looking at the titles I would definitely recommend Volume 3. It has quite possibly the best Connery (FRWL), the best Brosnan (Goldeneye), as well as a highly regarded Moore film (FYEO). In addition it contains OHMSS, which is a unique Bond film, but my personal favorite in the entire series.

As for the other sets...each has their strengths and weaknesses...I'd probably get either Volume 1 or 2. One has Goldfinger, a terrific Christopher Lee villian performance in the silly MWTGG, and one of the underrated Dalton films (TLD). Two has Thunderball, the bombastic SWLM, and the other Dalton film.
Old 10-18-07, 06:28 PM

I am indeed talking about the ultimate editions. thanks for the tips. I'll definitely be picking up volume 3 based on your reccomendation. Now to just decide between 1 and 2 for my other purchase.
Old 10-21-07, 07:23 PM

volume 1 & 3 imo are the best overall sets. they all have there problems though

whenever you can id recomened getting all 4
Old 10-22-07, 12:55 AM

I have the old Bond collections and I'd give anything to be able to get rid of them for enough to pick up the new sets.
Old 10-22-07, 12:01 PM

I think I actually am just going to pick up all 4 sets, I already ordered 1 and 3 through frys but at this cheap of a price I think I'll just pull the trigger on the other two as well even though It's really pushing my entertainment budget. I'll just eat ramen noodles all week long to save money I guess.