Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection (10th Anniversary Signature Edition)'

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection (10th Anniversary Signature Edition)'

Old 07-24-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Don Houston's DVD review of Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection (10th Anniversary Signature Edition) at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=29309 and...

Got 2 questions for ya
1. are these all presented on the same side of the disc (the old verison was a flipper
2.Are the episodes straight forward like a 2.5 hour movie, or are they presented in episdoe format with credits and such for each one? The old version had them in movie form.

Just wondering if it was safe to sell off my "ulitmate spawn collection" set?
Old 07-24-07, 12:51 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reading the review!
1) Each season was given it's own disc (the fourth was the extras disc) and had all the material on a single side (no flipping but they looked better than the original releases).

2) They are in episode format as aired on HBO. I'm guessing that a lot of people requested them that way (much like many of us like OAR on our movies).

I hope that helps!
Old 01-13-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also posted this in the DVD Talk forum, but I wanted to point out that the commentary for season 1 on the original release is NOT the same as the season 1 disc in the 10th anniversary release. The original release had a full running McFarlane commentary for the whole season, where as the 10th anniversary has a new one just for the first episode.

I'll post the findings on season 2 / season 3 as I look at them.
Old 01-17-08, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Numes
I also posted this in the DVD Talk forum, but I wanted to point out that the commentary for season 1 on the original release is NOT the same as the season 1 disc in the 10th anniversary release. The original release had a full running McFarlane commentary for the whole season, where as the 10th anniversary has a new one just for the first episode.

I'll post the findings on season 2 / season 3 as I look at them.
i sold my set, but i do believe there was a full running commentary track on the 3rd season too.