Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Flags of Our Fathers' (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Flags of Our Fathers' (Blu-ray)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 03:02 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Talk review of 'Flags of Our Fathers'

I read Matthew Hinkley's DVD review of Flags of Our Fathers at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=28342 and...in the review he mentions that the best way to watch the movie is to read the Wikipedia page on Iwo Jima. I would suggest a better way is to read the book Flags Of Our Fathers prior to watching the movie. The book will give you the background of the characters that the movie doesn't have time to go into. It's one of the best WWII books I've read. One of the common complaints of the movie was that some people had a hard time following it with the cuts back and forth between the battle scenes and post-battle scenes in the States. I'm very confident that having read the book first made the movie easy to follow.
Old 05-30-07, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jim...thanks for that...that is a great idea. I myself had not read that book and that is what helped me through some of the background that was very nice to have before the watch...and during for that matter. I think I might have to give that book a read!

Matt