Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Hundra'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Paul Mavis's DVD review of Hundra at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=27182 and... I really enjoyed it. Paul was right in stating that Hundra director Matt Cimber conveniently forgot that there were other female warrior films made before HUNDRA and especially in 1967,when Hammer Films made a previous film about a fierce female warrior called THE VIKING QUEEN starring a one time starlet named Cattita as The Viking Queen and American actor Don Murray as the Roman Centurion who loves the Viking Queen but must stop her in battle before her mostly female Viking warrior tribe defend 3rd Century Britain from the Imperial Roman Army invasion. Despite it's low budget and B movie status, the action acenes are quite good and it's available on DVD thru Anchor Bay as a single DVD title or on a 2 sided DVD release together with THE VENGEANCE OF SHE. That VIKING QUEEN movie has a lot of similarities with HUNDRA, especially with it's main female warrior character refusing all contact with men until both women meet a sympathetic male character that they fall in love with. Another female warrior film made by Hammer Films in 1967 that is also out on DVD from Anchor Bay is PREHISTORIC WOMEN aka SLAVE GIRLS with Martine Beswicke as the leader of the fierce brunette female warrior tribe and Edina Romay as the female leader of the more docile Blonde tribe.