Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Beyblade: Let It Rip!'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-06, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read John Wallis's DVD review of Beyblade: Let It Rip! at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=5830 and...

believe it is not showing enough good will.
the characters are drawn in high quality, there is also coloring activity.
the dvd episodes are short (20 minutes), and this is good! it is like cartoon animation on tv.
they are not difficult to watch, but i consider them entertaining, and a recommend for parents.
maybe even to watch beyblade themselves.

the extraordinary things at beyblade:
-no one is dying
-no blood, firearms
-no drugs
-no swearing language

hope this review will be rewritten, towards the real features, and not the personal impression "it is a spinning toy merchandize".

in case of doubt check out the user review at rottentomatoes.com, right now it is just me.

there are loads of playtoys, some people may consider they are not what they are looking for. some girls like ken and barbie, mattel (personally i do not really love them), some people just don't see them. if you write about them, then try to point out what it really is, what it means to the kids, what's the intention of the creator. the expression of personal "dislike/disnterest" is not appreciate for a professional product/movie review. if you can't stand it, then maybe say you don't know it enough to write about it.

hope this helps to produce a quality review about BEYBLADE, any additional questions ask me from rottentomatoes.com (beyblade entry, user review)
Old 10-12-06, 12:32 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Three different reviewers watched three different volumes of the show and all of them hated it. IIRC, we had several other volumes that no one else would touch because they were familiar with the show being a low rent toy commercial too. Just because it was dumbed down like most Saturday morning cartoons doesn't make it "extraordinary" either. (one of our reviewers had kids that didn't like it either so don't go that route...)
Old 10-16-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I have incurred the wrath of the Beybladers! Oh no!

Sorry you don’t agree with me nikemoto2511. I remember getting a few thankful emails from parents after I posted that review. Kids get enough empty bullshit sold to them. I stand by my opinion that Beyblade is a superficial 20 min commercial for a game/toy and nothing else.