DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   The (New) Brazil Single Disc Crit. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/476553-new-brazil-single-disc-crit.html)

Cash29 09-03-06 09:31 PM

The (New) Brazil Single Disc Crit.

Just got it, really good, looks good, I honestly would rather have this than the 3-disc.

mndtrp 09-04-06 12:49 AM

Why do you say that? I can see not having the third disc, but I like the second one.

naitram 09-04-06 10:57 PM

I'll definitely be picking this up and swapping out my current boxset version.

Geofferson 09-05-06 08:13 AM

I've already sold off the previous set in anticipation of this. Looking forward to getting my hands on this. :up:

Heliosphann 09-05-06 10:54 AM

I'm going to get the single disc version and swap out the 1st DVD from my original 3-Disc set. Then I'll just give the original to a friend.

mifuneral 09-06-06 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Heliosphann
I'm going to get the single disc version and swap out the 1st DVD from my original 3-Disc set. Then I'll just give the original to a friend.

Same, though I don't know when I'll actually pick this up. I was going to get it today but Best Buy didn't have it in stock.

dhmac 09-06-06 07:09 AM

Is this one-disc release exactly the same WRT extras as Disc 1 in the original 3-disc boxed set (with the exception of the new disc being anamorphic)?

mifuneral 09-06-06 07:58 AM

I have no idea what WRT means.

This re-release is exactly the same as disc 1 of the 3-disc re-release, if that's what you mean.

Michael T Hudson 09-06-06 09:42 PM

WRT - with regard to, with respect to.

gryffinmaster 09-07-06 12:22 AM

:up: Same here.

EDIT: By the way ... I know the film disc is identical, but is the current 3-disc set a carbon copy in regards to packaging as the original set, or is it a digipack or thinpack setup?

JayDerek 09-07-06 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
:up: Same here.

EDIT: By the way ... I know the film disc is identical, but is the current 3-disc set a carbon copy in regards to packaging as the original set, or is it a digipack or thinpack setup?

The 3 pack is exactly the same in packaging

Randy Miller III 09-07-06 08:40 AM

If anyone has the new 3-disc set, it'd be great to see some pictures. :up:

Richard Malloy 09-07-06 10:00 AM

I've heard the three-pack described as essentially the same as the original, with three amaray cases insided a thick "vinyl-ly" plastic case, but that the new case was squarer on the corners (whereas the old one was somewhat more rounded).

Giles 09-07-06 10:23 AM

I love two day service from Amazon - what a surpise to see my order of BRAZIL/PLAYTIME on my doorstep along with my morning paper :)

fveillette 09-11-06 04:17 PM

That was my idea too.
However, The design of the new edition doesn't fit perfectly with the old one.
With the CC logo on the spin and the top, the BRAZIL design on the new case isn't aligned with the BRAZIL printed on the boxset.
So with the new edition inside the boxset, it just looks weird.

So I'll probably end up keeping both discs.

Francois

Josh Z 09-11-06 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by fveillette
That was my idea too.
However, The design of the new edition doesn't fit perfectly with the old one.
With the CC logo on the spin and the top, the BRAZIL design on the new case isn't aligned with the BRAZIL printed on the boxset.
So with the new edition inside the boxset, it just looks weird.

You could just swap the disc itself.

fveillette 09-12-06 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
You could just swap the disc itself.

Yes... And trash the old release with the new packaging?
Because, there's no way, I'll be able to sell the new edition with the old disc inside.
And it'll break my heart to use a CC as a coaster :blush:

Francois

Jay G. 09-14-06 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by fveillette
Yes... And trash the old release with the new packaging?
Because, there's no way, I'll be able to sell the new edition with the old disc inside.

You could do what Heliosphann is doing and give it to a friend.

Abe. 09-22-06 12:19 AM

Just so that I understand completely... by buying the new 3 disc set, you'll be essentially buying the same discs from the old 3 disc set? I really want to get the anamorphic transfer, but don't want to re-buy discs I already own. How much different is the artwork for the new single disc release?

sb5 09-22-06 12:58 AM

Disc 1 is the only disc that is different in the new 3 disc set. Your best bet is to just buy the new single disc version and swap the new disc with disc 1 of your old set.

Abe. 09-22-06 01:19 PM

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll be getting the single disc soon. Brazil is one of my all-time favorite films.