Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Invasion - The Complete Series'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-06, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read John Sinnott's DVD review of Invasion - The Complete Series at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=23394 and...

I agree with John that it did start a little slow but I stuck with the show during the whole season and every week I was pulled more and more into it.

After the broadcast of the last episode of the season I was dying for more and then I found out in their wisdom ABC decide not to renew Invasion. Needless to say this really pissed me off considering the cliffhanger I was left with.

If you haven't seen the series I would recommend picking it up but if you have seen it I find no real value in buying the set on DVD unless you see it in a bargin bin somewhere due to the fact that ABC really screwed us with no ending.

I'm so sick and tired of networks putting on great shows and then pulling them after one season or less. I understand that network TV is a business but if The X-Files were held to the standards of today's networks X-Files would have never made it past the first season. We all know what a success that show became. Networks need to be willing to take a risk sometimes...there can be no major rewards without risk.

I find it insulting that the networks won't renew a show and leave us with no ending but yet market their DVDs as fast as possible and then expect us to buy them. Why should we support a show by buying the DVDs when the networks no longer support it?

I have a huge DVD collection but Invasion won't be in it till I see it for $20 bucks or less. Why should I pay full price for something unfinished?

OhioDVDFan
Old 09-08-06, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really liked the series and I did buy it on DVD. (Currently on disc #4) I agree that the story does start out kind of slow. I'm one of the few people who think that actually works in its favor. While the first six or so episodes don't really serve to progress the story much, what they do do is let you get to know the characters so that when the story starts to really unfold, you get drawn in that much more. I do hate that the series only lasted the one season and ended on a cliff-hanger, but that doesn't keep me from enjoying the 22 episodes that were filmed.

Though upon re-watching the episodes, I do have a major gripe with one plot element-

Spoiler:
If being turned into a hybrid could restore Lewis' arm, wouldn't all those changed be free of imperfection acquired over time? You would think everyone would notice that they no longer had scars, cavities, or tattoos. Not to mention the men would no longer be circumcised.

Last edited by Mr. Thames; 09-08-06 at 10:10 PM.