Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Nevada'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Carl Davis's DVD review of Nevada at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=20067 and...
found the review to be way to complementary
to the film and Lions Gate in particular. I bought the first Box Set and NEVADA and WEST OF THE PECOS, both with Robert Mitchum in single packages. There is no reference to the fact that evey single one off these DVD's have the exact same supplements concerning Zane Grey's love of fishing. On top of that, the prints used are pooor at the best---I believe that these were mastered from C&C Television prints that include skips, tears, scratches, fading images, bad sound and everything that old used 16 millimeter prints display when projected. In other words, I would stay away from anything that Lion's Gate/Artisan releases, unless it is a DVD taken from a recent film.. Their track record is a abismal at best, as witnessed by their handling of the Republic Pictures library. So why does anyone think that Lion's Gate would be any different in the release of Zane Grey films? By the way, I haven't seen the old Paramount releases in these sets. I can't imagine them being much worse. Any don't believe that Lion's Gate is spoiling us---their product is what's spoiled.