Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Penn & Teller: Off the Deep End'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-06, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read John Sinnott's DVD review of Penn & Teller: Off the Deep End at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=21444 and...Why were there so many typos? Isn't there some sort of copy editor at DVDTalk? I've gotten used to Sinnott's pedestrian reviews (PLEASE get more anime reviewers), but this one was bad even for him. Here's a tip: just because you spell-checked it, doesn't mean there are no grammatical errors. Nice try, John.
Old 05-01-06, 07:45 PM
Defunct Account

Pedestrian? Oh come now, you can think of something more damaging that saying that my anime reviews are average and ordinary can't you?

If you disagree od don't like one of my anime reviews, please start a thread about it, I'd be happy to explain my views further.

As for P&T, yep, you caught the errant comma and a your instead of you're along with another error that escapes me. Thanks for letting me know, and consider me hanging my head in shame.
Old 05-01-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll I want to know is if the DVD explains the final trick. In HD it sure looked like
Spoiler:
CGI helicopters
and if they faked the solution I would like an explanation.
Old 05-01-06, 09:53 PM
Defunct Account

The only explanation for the final trick was what you saw just before the credits roll. I can't be sure if that was faked or not, though that didn't occur to me when I watched it. (Of course, this isn't in HD, which would make a difference.)

Sorry I couldn't help you with a more definitive explination Darkside.
Old 05-02-06, 07:09 AM

"If you disagree od don't like one of my anime reviews, please start a thread about it, I'd be happy to explain my views further."

Typo. And my post wasn't so you could defend yourself, it was so your editors could hear the views of a reader who likes to see reviews without typos...in other words, the bare minimum of professional journalism.
Old 05-02-06, 08:11 AM
Defunct Account

Yep, a typo. I meant "or". Sorry about that Clark.

There are no editors for the reviews posted at DVDTalk. The review panel (and the moderators) here all work for free and we edit our own work. Just like the people who post. So, by definition, this isn't professional journalism. Not that we don't strive for error-free reviews, but typos do slip through.

If you catch an error, feel free to e-mail the reviewer via the link on the review. All of us appreciate it.

Glad my review was able make you register. Welcome aboard!