Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of "The Myth" (2 disc edition)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is in response to this review
http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=19139

I worked on the English subtitles for the commentary. I'd like to thank Ian Jane for taking his time on the review and his statement that it was free of grammatical typos but fact is, (and this is coming straight out of my mouth here) there were typos during the commentary. Some of the typos include: 'Tan Yao-Wen' (it's actually Hong Kong actor Patrick Tam. Tan Yao-Wen is his name spoken in Mandarin. Patrick is from Hong Kong and is commonly known by his name in Cantonese), "the province of Wu Nan" (actually, Yunnan. it was correctly typed in other parts of the commentary subs). There were other typos around but I'd have to watch the entire commentary to make note of it. I did tell the fine folks at Joy Sales and EMP that I wanted to revise the translations. Fact is, once the translations were handed to my editors and Joy Sales, it is out of my hands and thus, I was never given the time to oversee any corrections needed to be done. Overall, it was spot-on accurate but it wasn't perfect either. What can you do when it was being done on such a very rushed schedule?
Old 12-17-05, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you the same tinlunlau that posts over at cityonfire? Didn't realize the large role you had in the DVD production process. Nice work!
Old 01-04-06, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes, it is the same tinlunlau at cityonfire.
i posted about it at COF but no one seemed to give a damn. heh...