DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Reviews and Recommendations (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations-8/)
-   -   Anyone Who Owns "Color Of Night" DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-reviews-recommendations/438360-anyone-who-owns-color-night-dvd.html)

kar10 09-18-05 06:52 AM

Anyone Who Owns "Color Of Night" DVD?

If you own the movie could you do a one sentence review. thanks

Picture / Audio / Bonus ?

xfilekr 09-18-05 08:11 AM

All I know is there is no bonus features, its just " Director's cut including 15 additonal minutes"

phraseturner 09-18-05 03:19 PM

Extra 15 minutes = extra Jane March nudity = stop reading and go buy it now.

Rypro 525 09-18-05 05:34 PM

eh, watch the version that comes on cable. as apparently some of the goods are in the black bar area on the dvd

Josh Z 09-19-05 05:39 PM

The DVD is a non-anamorphic letterbox recycling of the grainy laserdisc transfer, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyone who's seen it knows that the movie is dumb as hell, but somehow strangely compelling. The nubile Ms. March is prolifically naked in it, which certainly helps. Bruce Willis also shows his wang.

pro-bassoonist 09-19-05 10:30 PM

Average film-poor dvd-save your money!!

Ciao,
Pro-B

salamander2 09-19-05 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
eh, watch the version that comes on cable. as apparently some of the goods are in the black bar area on the dvd

the director intended you not to see it, as thats his OAR. so no do NOT see the pan and scam foolscreen version on cable. Watch the OAR letterbox.

Rypro 525 09-19-05 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by salamander2
the director intended you not to see it, as thats his OAR. so no do NOT see the pan and scam foolscreen version on cable. Watch the OAR letterbox.

actually, this movie was shot open matte, therefore you see more on the top and bottom. and for us male perverts who want as much nudity as possible, the open matte version would be better.

Josh Z 09-20-05 06:32 AM

Although I'm an advocate of OAR, I'm with Rypro on this one. Artistic integrity is not a strong suit of this particular movie, and the open-matte version shows more skin, which is all the movie's good for.

salamander2 09-20-05 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Although I'm an advocate of OAR, I'm with Rypro on this one. Artistic integrity is not a strong suit of this particular movie, and the open-matte version shows more skin, which is all the movie's good for.

we are fighting a battle with these studios to make sure all releases are released in OAR, so no, I do NOT approve of anyone advocating someone to see foolscreen. Its wrong, and we cannotgive the studios a hint that we do not mind.

Julie Walker 09-21-05 12:10 AM

There is enough nudity in the widescreen version anyway. So a split second of 'extra' nudity for a couple frames in unmatted form is not really that important.

This film is a hilarious camp cheese classic though. It seems like a spoof of the erotic thriller genre and I love it.

The uncut Directors Cut is the way to go though,since the theatrical R version(which airs on HBO and a couple other stations sometimes) is horribly butchured.

Josh Z 09-21-05 06:46 AM

we are fighting a battle with these studios to make sure all releases are released in OAR, so no, I do NOT approve of anyone advocating someone to see foolscreen. Its wrong, and we cannotgive the studios a hint that we do not mind.

I'm not saying that the studio should release an open-matte version on DVD. I'm saying that the movie is not worth owning, and watching it on cable is not a bad alternative.

Rypro 525 09-21-05 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
There is enough nudity in the widescreen version anyway. So a split second of 'extra' nudity for a couple frames in unmatted form is not really that important.

This film is a hilarious camp cheese classic though. It seems like a spoof of the erotic thriller genre and I love it.

The uncut Directors Cut is the way to go though,since the theatrical R version(which airs on HBO and a couple other stations sometimes) is horribly butchured.

what is added?